Our local authority client based in Tower Hamlets, London are urgently seeking an experienced Accountant.
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB
1. Take responsibility for providing an efficient, effective and comprehensive finance service, promoting best practice across the Council.
2. Act as a single point of contact for the financial management support of Divisional Directors, Service Managers and Budget Holders. Develop a thorough understanding of a specific Service Area’s business, particularly in relation to the measurement and management of the activities that drive costs and advise on the optimisation of income in accordance with Council policies.
3. Lead on creating and implementing relevant and accurate financial models across a range of cost drivers, ensuring models and any assumptions are agreed and owned by the directorate
4. Contribute and challenge senior management and budget holders to ensure the financial forecasts and future budget plans are based on robust financial and non-financial information, and support prompt responsive and remedial action
5. Work with accountants across the finance function to share learning and best practice across the teams.
6. Contribute to the production of the council’s financial annual accounts to be accurate and free of error in accordance with financial standards, and the statutory timetable, including those for the Council’s Pension Fund, Group Accounts and Whole Government Accounts.
7. Supporting the delivery of the Medium Term Finance Strategy (MTFS) for revenue and capital
Please apply with your updated CV ensuring that any gaps in employment are explained.
At this point, may we take this opportunity to thank you for the interest you have shown in this role. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applications that we receive, it is not always possible to respond to everyone. Therefore, unless you hear from us within the next 7 days, your application for this vacancy will have been unsuccessful