A Systems Integration Engineer is required for a long term contract assignment based in Stevenage.
Candidate must have worked in a UK defence environment within the last 12 months.
The role is to work within the growing Airborne Systems Integration organisation to deliver the integration of complex weapons onto fixed wing and rotary platforms for both UK and Export customers.
* Working with company platform and government authorities to establish an integration plan that facilitates the integration of complex air launched weapon systems onto a wide range of fixed wing and rotary platforms.
* Delivery of weapon system simulations and simulators.
* Delivery of integration programmes to time and cost; ensuring that the integration is safe and maximises the weapon capability to the end user.
* Produce and agree integration requirements with company subject matter experts and platform authorities to define the integration activity and to ensure that customer needs can be met.
* Produce and agree interface control documentation with the platform design authority to control and maintain the definition of the platform to store interface and ensure compatibility between them.
* Establish integration trials campaign requirements with platform and government authorities; identifying facility and equipment needs and the data required to certify the integrated weapon system.
* Design, plan and execute integration trials activities with the platform design authority and company subject matter experts.
* Deliver and understand the certification of the integrated product and the associated certificates of design.
* Experience in producing and using aircraft Interface Control Documents
* An appropriate Engineering Degree or Masters (or equivalent) or HNC/HND level (or equivalent).
* Broad understanding of multiple general engineering disciplines eg electrical, mechanical, systems, etc.
* Ability to work in a complex multi-stakeholder environment
* Strong verbal, presentation and written communication skills
* Pro-active and be capable of working on their own initiative with a minimum of supervision
* Delivering Requirements, Verification, Certification and CofD’s.
* Ability to be flexible and co-ordinate with a dynamic fast moving team against challenging timescales.
* Self motivated, organised and methodical with an eye for detail.
* Knowledge of Mil-Std-1760 and Def Stan 1553 highly desirable
* Experience in the defence sector in integration of systems onto fixed wing or rotary platforms
* Ability to lead a technical team
* Ability to undertake complex technical negotiations with a high degree of autonomy
* Experience with the Tempest, CAAP, TFST, LSIF and WIUK programmes would be an advantage.
* The role will involve some travel (Covid-permitting) to other UK sites and customer bases
(eg BAES Warton, London, RAF Coningsby etc).
Modis International Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers in the UK. Modis Europe Ltd provide a variety of international solutions that connect clients to the best talent in the world. For all positions based in Switzerland, Modis Europe Ltd works with its licensed Swiss partner Accurity GmbH to ensure that candidate applications are handled in accordance with Swiss law.
Both Modis International Ltd and Modis Europe Ltd are Equal Opportunities Employers.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Modis International Ltd and/or Modis Europe Ltd. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement which explains how we will use your information is available on the Modis website.