The Valuations team within Deloitte Corporate Finance Advisory provide advice on all aspects of valuing assets. The type of level can range from; companies, divisions¬¬ of companies, intellectual property and other income generating assets in the UK and abroad. The team often works on prestige assignments that are reported in the financial pages of newspapers both in the UK and abroad.
Projects transpire wherever there is a question of value, but can broadly be grouped as follows:
• M&A and investment analysis
• Reorganisation, turnaround and recapitalisation
• Litigation, expert determination and disputes
• Tax, financial and regulatory reporting, including fund valuations
• Intellectual property and intangible assets
Our team of approximately 60 valuations professionals includes ACAs, MBAs, CFAs and economists from varied diverse backgrounds who together bring to bear their qualifications and experience.
We are proud to offer flexible working arrangements which allow our people to choose the most suitable working arrangement that works for them. Whether this is working 4 days per week, taking the summer months off work, or more flexibility around your working pattern, we consider both formal and informal working arrangements that allow our people and our clients the best outcome.
If you would like to hear more about our flexible working arrangements, please let us know.
Are you looking to return to the workplace after an extended career break?
For this role we can offer coaching and support designed for returners to refresh your knowledge and skills, and help your transition back into the workplace after a career break of 2 years or more. If this is relevant for you, just let your recruiter know when you make your application.
As an Assistant Manager in our Valuations team you will play an integral part in valuing our mining and metals clients’ assets. Our team works closely with our internal specialists, Deloitte Technical Mining Advisory, valuing mineral assets and assisting in technical due diligence on a wide range of global mineral assets.
We are currently looking for an Assistant Manager whose responsibilities will include:
• Managing and assisting in delivering corporate financial advisory engagements for a wide range of mining and metals clients;
• Performing accurate and clearly presented financial and technical analysis and market research;
• Assisting in technical due diligence processes and associated engagements;
• Creating and developing quantitative models to assess value and financial performance;
• Self-challenging and clearly articulate rationale for conclusions;
• Participating in discussions with client senior and executive management;
• Understanding and discussing client acceptance and engagement risk mitigation processes;
• Gaining a deep understanding of valuation theory and obtaining an approved/relevant qualification;
• Actively pursuing self-learning, on the job training and knowledge from other team members;
• Contributing to broader group initiatives and beginning to build internal networks; and
• Working effectively in diverse teams within an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution.
If you are interested in applying, please also submit a cover letter about why you wish to apply along with your CV.
Your work, your choice
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
Your home office will be London, but this client-facing role provides lots of opportunity for travel in the UK and overseas.
This is a permanent contract opportunity. The role can be worked on a full-time basis.
Your professional experience
• Experience working either (i) a technical role in mining/ mineral exploration or (ii) financial advisory in the mining sector;
• Strong academic record (2:1 Bachelor degree in a relevant subject as a minimum);
• Knowledge of basic financial and accounting concepts with the ability to analyse and value businesses;
• Knowledge of the fundamental technical aspects of mining operations, including ability to read and interpret mineral resource statements, mine plans, mineral processing flowsheets and financial models;
• Enthusiasm for, and ideally previous exposure to valuations in the mining and metals sector;
• Exceptional analytical, oral and written communication skills with a robust attention for detail;
• Ability to take complex analysis and to present and communicate it in a concise and clear manner;
• Show initiative to learn, ask questions and accomplish delegated tasks accurately;
• Client focus, with ability to work quickly, communicate effectively and establish effective working relationships;
• Logical and methodical approach to problem solving;
For a full job description please visit our online Deloitte Careers portal.
Requisition code: 4840