The Valuations team within Deloitte Corporate Finance Advisory provide advice on all aspects of valuing assets. The type of level can range from; companies, divisions¬¬ of companies, intellectual property (for example brands) and other income generating assets in the UK and abroad. The team often works on prestige assignments that are reported in the financial pages of newspapers both in the UK and abroad.
Projects transpire wherever there is a question of value, but can broadly be grouped as follows:
• M&A and investment analysis
• Reorganisation, turnaround and recapitalisation
• Litigation, expert determination and disputes
• Tax, financial and regulatory reporting, including fund valuations
• Intellectual property and intangible assets
Our team of approximately 60 valuations professionals includes ACAs, MBAs, CFAs and economists from varied diverse backgrounds who together bring to bear their qualifications and experience. The team is hopeful that they will expand in the near future.
We are proud to offer flexible working arrangements which allow our people to choose the most suitable working arrangement that works for them. Whether this is working 4 days per week, taking the summer months off work, or more flexibility around your working pattern, we consider both formal and informal working arrangements that allow our people and our clients the best outcome.
If you would like to hear more about our flexible working arrangements, please let us know.
Are you looking to return to the workplace after an extended career break?
For this role we can offer coaching and support designed for returners to refresh your knowledge and skills, and help your transition back into the workplace after a career break of 2 years or more. If this is relevant for you, just let your recruiter know when you make your application.
As an Assistant Manager in our Valuations team you will play an integral part in valuing our clients’ assets. These can range from individual businesses, division of companies, intellectual property (e.g. brands) and other income generating tangible and intangible assets. The team works across all industries. Our team is involved wherever there is a question of value and our projects can broadly be categorised as follows:
We are currently looking for Assistant Managers whose responsibilities will include:
• Performing accurate and clearly presented analysis
• Self-challenging analysis and clearly articulating rationale for conclusions
• Understanding and discussing client acceptance and engagement risk mitigation processes
• Gaining a deep understanding of valuation theory and obtaining an approved/relevant qualification
• Liaising with clients as and when appropriate
• Actively pursuing self-learning, on the job training and knowledge from other team members
• Contributing to broader group initiatives
• Beginning to build internal networks
• Working effectively in diverse teams within an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution
If you are interested in applying, please also submit a cover letter about why you wish to apply along with your CV.
Your work, your choice
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
Your home office will be London, but this client-facing role provides lots of opportunity for travel in the UK and overseas.
This is a permanent contract opportunity. The role can be worked on a full-time basis.
Your professional experience
• Exceptional analytical, oral and written communication skills with a robust attention for detail
• Ability to take complex analysis and to present and communicate it in a concise and clear manner
• Show initiative to learn, ask questions and accomplish delegated tasks accurately
• Client focus, with ability to work quickly and establish effective working relationships
• Enthusiasm for and ideally, previous exposure to Valuations
• Logical and methodical approach to problem solving
• Project management and organisational skills
• The self-confidence/enthusiasm to be involved in business development activities
• Minimum 2:1 degree with strong A’ level results (or equivalent)
• Pursuing or recently completed a professional accreditation (e.g. an ACA, MBA, CFA or similar)
For a full job description please visit our online Deloitte Careers portal.
Requisition code: 181324