Lexington, KY, USA
The University of Kentucky Athletics Department is currently seeking candidates for paid intern positions in the Operations (Facilities & Event Management) unit. This position will assist full time staff members in the coordination and operation of 22 varsity sports and other special events. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Specific sport and facility responsibilities will be assigned by the professional staff.
• Assisting in the day to day operations, setup/strike of assigned athletic sports/events.
• Staffing and supervision of part-time event staff for each assigned event the paid intern is assigned.
• Creation/maintenance of visiting team guides and various operations manuals for assigned regular season & post-season events.
• Scheduling, setup/strike for assigned facility space(s). Physical labor & lifting required at times.
• Upkeep and maintenance of assigned inventory, supplies, materials and equipment.
• This position will also have the opportunity to gain experience with hosting NCAA Championships and other special events.
• General office duties
• Will be accountable to assisting with preventative maintenance, cleanliness and ensuring assigned facilities are 24/7 recruit ready
• Other duties as assigned.
The Operations Intern is a two year commitment, renewable after the first year at the discretion of the athletics department. Please include three professional references (specific request 1) along with the resume and cover letter.
This is not a formal Graduate Assistantship through the UK Graduate School, however, this position will include a combination of tuition waiver and monthly stipend not to exceed a pre-determined allocation. Additional compensation over the summer months will be determined at the discretion/need of the athletics department.