World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts
Job Title: Communications Co-ordinator (Member Organisations)
Location: London, NW3
Hours / Tenure: 35 hours per week
Salary: £25,000 – £30,000 per annum (Dependent on experience)
Contract Type: Fixed Term Contract (Ends 30 November 2021)
Closing Date: 12 April 2021 (17:00 GMT)
Girl Guiding and Girl Scouting is the world’s only movement for every girl and any girl because we believe that each of them deserves to be the best they can be. Free to make what they want from the Movement, girls learn by doing, make friends and have fun. In safe, local spaces, girls develop the skills and attitudes to change themselves, their communities and our world.
World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts (WAGGGS) keeps the global Movement thriving, united and growing.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
To provide advice and operational communications support within a large, complex, membership organisation. The role sits within our Membership team and offers communications support to teams throughout the organisation. The role helps to promote inter-departmental working, offers support to all WAGGGS Member Organisations (152) and leads the delivery of the Membership Communications Plan.
– To be first point of contact for our Member Organisations, volunteer groups, and internally within WAGGGS teams for advice and support around all aspects of the communications
– To provide advice and support on the best methods including social and digital media to develop and ensure effective communications in individual countries/Member Organisations and in line with WAGGGS’ social media strategy
– In collaboration with the Programmes and Partnerships Communications Manager, to co-ordinate all social media accounts, develop and maintain brand guidelines and assets
– To co-ordinate the Membership and Regional Teams’ involvement in shaping the new online community platform including users’ journey, channel selection. Produce content and engagement reports and provide advice to other members of the team to promote high-quality, accessible and relevant materials
– To recruit and co-ordinate a dedicated team of social media volunteers
– To co-ordinate the team of regional communications volunteers
– To develop, and provide support to, networks with communication teams from Member Organisations to improve our global impact through peer-to-peer support and exchange of best practices and learnings
– Advise teams on the use of WAGGGS brand and style guide
– Support the development of content for all WAGGGS functions, including core communications materials: annual reports, standard articles, materials and core messages
– Develop engaging and clear content that demonstrates the impact of our work, for both external and internal audiences
– Develop eye-catching and brand-approved design for relevant campaigns, reports and messages, working with volunteers and WAGGGS-approved freelance designers
– Ensure that all relevant content is delivered in the four official WAGGGS languages, through managing campaign time efficiently and working with volunteers and WAGGGS approved freelance translators
– Support the management of the communications annual budget
– Take responsibility for own professional development and keep abreast of new developments in communications and media, particularly digital media developments, sharing knowledge and good practice across the team
This job description is not exhaustive and serves only to highlight the main requirements of the post holder. The line may stipulate other reasonable requirements.
The job description will be reviewed regularly and may be subject to change.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM US
– 26 days’ annual leave plus public holidays
– 5% Generous Matched Pension Contribution
– Life Assurance
– Season Ticket Loan
– Cycle to Work Scheme
– Employee Assisted Programme (EAP)
HOW TO APPLY:
If you are interested in this position, please select the apply button shown to download the recruitment pack and submit your cover letter & CV.
We reserve the right to change the closing date depending on the number of responses received. Please submit your application as soon as possible to ensure it is considered in the selection process.
If you have a disability and can demonstrate that closing this post early would impact on your ability to submit an application in time, please contact our Human Resources team to request arrangements for an application to be submitted within the original time frame.
A NOTE FOR RECRUITMENT AGENCIES:
We prefer to hire people directly and have a preferred supplier list in place. We will be in touch if we need you.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Other organisations may call this role Communications Officer, Internal Communications Co-ordinator, Internal Comms Officer, Marketing Co-ordinator, Digital Marketing Officer, or Marketing Officer.