Bristol, London or Manchester. Please specify any preference on your application form. Homeworking during the COVID-19 pandemic is permitted.
Hours of Work:
Full time, 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday, between hours of 08:00 – 18:00. Part-time working (3 or 4 days per week) will be considered.
As soon as possible. Please indicate your earliest possible start date on the application form.
About the Company:
Eunomia Research & Consulting is an independent and ethical environmental consultancy. We are a mission-oriented business, and our goal is to be influential in bringing about positive change in an objective and unbiased way, and we embrace this in all that we do. We employ around 100 staff and have offices in Bristol, London, Manchester, Brussels, Athens, New York City and Auckland (a subsidiary).
We are appointed advisors to numerous blue-chip companies, private equity funds and lenders. We also work with a broad range of policy organisations, from trans-national bodies such as the OECD, UNEP and the European Union, through to national governments, local authorities and business support organisations (including Zero Waste Scotland and WRAP).
We are at the leading edge of a number of areas of environmental policy and practice and we punch well above our weight in terms of combating the key environmental crises of our time, including the climate, biodiversity and pollution emergencies that the world faces.
About the Job:
We are ideally looking for someone with a blend of technical and strategy knowledge and experience – an individual that is comfortable working with senior management teams in medium to large corporates, advising them on a wide range of sustainability aspects (e.g. linked to the UN SDGs), helping them to understand the impacts of their products and services (e.g. through carbon foot-printing), including packaging, supporting sustainable procurement activities, helping them to navigate policy developments, and hence to build business cases, strategies and roadmaps to take the business forward, potentially to a net zero carbon future.
You will be involved in a range of activities including technical delivery of projects, project management, bid management, client relationship management, and potentially line management. As part of the delivery of project work, you will need to guide Excel-based modelling, guide desktop research, and undertake practical analysis, technical report writing and delivering presentations to client teams.
You will be flexible with a strong work ethic and feel comfortable simultaneously leading and delivering a number of technical projects and bids under a degree of time pressure. You will be a self-starter, highly organised, and share our commitment to a high quality of work. A personal interest in, and commitment to, environmental and sustainability issues is expected. The work may involve short term overseas assignments.
· At least five years’ relevant work experience, preferably obtained in an industrial or commercial setting – such as manufacturing/brand work or in an advisory capacity such as consultancy;
· Strong verbal and written communication skills, including technical report writing and the ability to explain complex topics in non-technical language at all levels.
· Experience of working with senior leaders within business, identifying their key sustainability issues, communicating complex concepts and securing buy-in to new strategies;
· Good technical understanding of:
o The various methodologies to assess the environmental impacts of businesses – such as carbon emissions, resource and water use –
o How these impacts might vary in different locations around the world;
o The regulatory and policy drivers that businesses face in Europe and beyond.
· Excellent research and analysis skills, including strong general numeracy and Excel skills.
· Experience of the materials, waste and resources sector;
· Experience of undertaking carbon assessments;
· Experience of undertaking ESG audit work;
· Experience working within a consultancy style business model;
· Experience of working with multi-national/global companies in relation to overseas operations; and
· A current network of potential clients, partners and sub-contractors in this technical area.
Bristol & Manchester based
£30,000 to £40,000 depending on qualifications and experience.
London based staff will receive an additional £3,000 in accordance with Eunomia’s London Weighting Allowance policy.
· Death in Service scheme;
· Private Healthcare;
· Employee Assistance Programme;
· Group Pension; and
· Income Protection Scheme (after completion of probationary period)
24 days per year (plus Bank Holidays) rising by 1 day each year to a maximum of 30 days per year.
In order to be considered all applications should be submitted electronically to and must include the following:
1) A formal covering letter should be submitted in a word format, not PDF (maximum 1 page of A4) addressed to Sam Taylor summarising your reasons for applying for the post, your suitability for the post and why you would like to work for Eunomia. The application process will be blind so please try to avoid including any identifying information in your cover letter (i.e. name and address).
2) A completed application form which should be downloaded from
3) The completed application form should be submitted in a word format, not PDF and contain all of the necessary information required by Eunomia.
4) As this is a blind application process CVs will not be considered. Any applications without a completed application form and covering letter will be rejected.
5) The deadline for applications is 9am 27 th April 2021.
6) First interviews will be held via video conferencing and are anticipated to be in w/c 3 rd May 2021.
7) Second interviews dates will be specified at a later date.
Hardcopy applications and CV-only applications will not be considered. If you do have any queries please submit these by email or phone to: | .
The Company reserves the right not to appoint anyone if no suitable candidates come forward. Eunomia Research & Consulting is committed to Equal Opportunities and is a Living Wage employer. Company no. .