Contract term: PermanentLocation: LondonClosing date: 14th April 2021Salary: Commensurate with experience
About the role:
We are looking for a motivated individual to join the team as a Cooling Manager. This exciting role offers unparalleled exposure to leading global initiatives to transition to net zero cooling and an opportunity to develop and build new cooling initiatives to address gaps in the support landscape where the Carbon Trust can deliver significant mission impact. The role will be based in London and will require some travel across the UK and internationally.
At the Carbon Trust, an important part of our mission is addressing the booming emissions from dirty, inefficient cooling around the world. The Carbon Trust is at the cutting edge of the transition to net zero cooling and is looking to recruit a Cooling Manager to enable us to deliver and scale up our work in this area.
The Carbon Trust’s mission is to accelerate the move to a sustainable, low carbon economy. We are independent experts on carbon reduction and resource efficiency, who reinvest surpluses from group commercial activities into our mission. The Carbon Trust provides innovative advice to governments and businesses around the world to support the global transition to a low carbon economy. We work closely with decision makers and implementers in key institutions in the UK and across multiple emerging and developing countries on low-carbon finance, programmes, policy and technology.
Main duties and responsibilities:
• Managing net zero cooling strategy and action planning projects ranging from thought leadership reports to quantitative analyses on how to transition to net zero cooling• Advising on and managing the delivery of large programmes to accelerate the uptake of net zero cooling solutions• Managing the delivery of corporate strategy and policy advisory projects on cooling• Collaborating with partners in the delivery of multi-disciplinary net zero cooling projects• Project management of a portfolio of cooling projects involving multi-disciplinary teams• Developing and maintaining relationships with clients, attending and running meetings, workshops and seminars• Support in the preparation of technical bids and fee proposals for cooling support for public, philanthropic and private clients• Proactively develop new cooling propositions and initiatives and effectively managing knowledge to enhance the Carbon Trust’s mission impact on cooling• Other duties relating to the Carbon Trust’s mission will be requested on an ad hoc basis
Key skills we are looking for:
• Excellent interpersonal, influencing, and relationship development skills to engage effectively with diverse stakeholders across policymakers, innovators, suppliers, financiers, civil society and our existing and potential partners and clients• Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to lead and run workshop sessions, present to small and large audiences, and write high quality reports• Ability to solve complex problems and respond to the evolving needs and requirements of clients and partners
Qualifications and experience:
• Knowledge/experience of key cooling sectors particularly refrigeration and air conditioning in one or more of domestic, commercial, industrial and mobile/transport applications• Demonstrated interest and experience in working to improve the sustainability of cooling solutions• Strong experience of delivering strategy and advisory services including on cooling• Knowledge/experience of transitioning to sustainable cooling solutions in developing and emerging economies• Degree educated (or equivalent), ideally in a quantitative discipline (e.g. engineering, science, economics, finance and business administration) • Experience of managing multiple projects simultaneously and managing work efficiently including coordinating deliverables and meeting deadlines
• Postgraduate qualification (or equivalent) focusing on the environment, business, economics, technology or sustainability
• Knowledge/experience advising on net zero cooling. This could include, for example, one or more of the following areas:- Passive cooling- Super-efficient equipment and appliances- Ultra-low global warming potential refrigerants- Net zero cold chains- Cooling and energy system flexibility- District cooling
• Knowledge/experience of developing one or more of the following:- Cooling action plans- Minimum energy performance standards and labels- Support to improve cooling operations and maintenance and/or initiatives to develop cooling training and skills
• Experience of helping secure finance for, or investing in, sustainable cooling solutions
• Robust programme and project management experience
• Understanding of climate change and sustainability issues and the role that net zero cooling can play in accelerating progress towards climate change targets and sustainable development goals
Salary & Benefits:
We offer a competitive salary and a performance based bonus. Our hours are 37.5 per week with 28 days paid holiday plus bank holidays and a generous pension scheme.
Our head office is in London, close to Blackfriars and Waterloo stations, we offer travel card loans, a cycle to work scheme, company away days and a 24-hour Employee Assistance Helpline.
Joining the Carbon Trust provides an opportunity to work alongside some of the leading practitioners in the low carbon arena so if you are excited by this opportunity and would like to join us please click the apply button to visit our application page and submit your CV and a cover letter.
We are an equal opportunities employer, value diversity in our workforce and make our decisions based on your skills and experience. We can only accept applications from those who can prove their eligibility to work in the UK. No agencies or publications.
Please be aware that due to the current situation surrounding Covid-19, interviewing and onboarding processes will take place via video conferencing.