Morehead, KY 40351, USA
St. Claire HealthCare
The CT/MRI/Rad Tech performs age specific MRI procedures for the diagnosis and treatment of anatomic and physiologic disorders. All competencies listed in the position description are based on a patient age population including infancy (birth to l year), toddler (1 to 3 years), pre-school (3-6 years), school age (6-12 years), adolescence (12 to 18 years), early adulthood (19 to 45 years), middle adult (45-59 years) late adult (61 to 79 years) and geriatric (80 years and up). The CT/MRI/Rad Tech is responsible to the Manager, Diagnostic Proc/CT/MRI for core behavioral and technical competence. Direct technical supervision is provided by the Manager, Diagnostic Proc/CT/MRI. Core behavioral supervision is provided by the Manager, Diagnostic Proc/CT/MRI. Medical direction is provided by the Radiologist.
• Reviews physician order, consults with the radiologist when necessary. Greets and identifies the patient and explains the procedure to the patient and/or family member.
• Performs appropriate MRI procedures based on the age of the patient served which requires demonstration of correct anatomy through proper positioning, protocol selection and scanner options. Must also understand the administration of contrast media and its necessary uses.
• Maintains adequate inventory of supplies for assigned work area, equipment maintenance and quality control which includes visual safety inspections and quality control activities.
• Updates patient history, records unusual conditions, documents required information, and verifies accuracy of procedures to be billed.
• Understands the procedure for preparing, scheduling and rescheduling patients for procedures. Works with Diagnostic Imaging nursing staff and/or anesthesia department to coordinate scheduling of sedation patients.
• Maintains professional association with professional organizations, attends in-service education and departmental meetings and actively participates in quality improvement activities.
• Utilizes department/hospital communication equipment and/or procedures.
• Provides instruction for students, MRI staff and others as required or requested.
• Identifies and operates the MRI equipment and performs and evaluates procedure for diagnostic quality.
Associate Degree in Radiologic Sciences or completion of an approved Radiologic Technology program.
Previous radiologic experience required and cross-training in CT and MRI preferred.
Current registry/or registry pending with the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists, RT(R); current radiation operator’s certification (general or temporary license) issued by the Commonwealth of Kentucky is required. Additional registry/registry eligible with the American Registry of Radiological Technologists in Computed Tomography and/or Magnetic Resonance Imaging RT(R)(MR) preferred. CPR required within thirty days of hire.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to finger, handle or feel. The employee is required to communicate effectively. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision for reading and computer work. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move more than 50 pounds.
The work environment described here is representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee works in an area with good lighting and climate control. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.hospitalcareers.com/job/3780434/ct-mri-rad-tech/→