Willmott Dixon is currently looking to recruit a Customer Service Project Surveyor. This role is with our London & East business who deliver projects across multiple sectors within north London, the northern home counties and East Anglia.
As part of this role, you will provide commercial expertise and be responsible for the commercial and contractual management of all matters within the Customer Service Department to ensure the department operates within budgets, our position is contractually protected whilst being mindful of the departments goal of ensuring we have a highly satisfied client throughout the defects period.
In return we provide to you a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits package, the opportunities for you to develop your career with Willmott Dixon and the training to make this happen – but most importantly a great place to work with a true family ethos!
Within this role you will:
Essential and Desirable Criteria
You will have experience of:
* MS Excel.
* Successful procurement.
* Re-measurement of high risk packages and key trades.
* Working knowledge of relevant contract conditions.
* Financial / cost control leading or assisting on a relevant project.
* Controlling costs in accordance with budget.
* Efficient use of all resources.
* Reading and accurately interpreting drawings and specifications.
* Pricing and timely agreement of client and supply chain variations and value engineering.
* Demonstrating an effective system of managing priorities and one’s self.
* Good communication at all levels.
* Playing an active role which positively contributes to a team.
Qualifications and Memberships
* Good level of education to include 5 GCSEs at Grade C or above, A Levels.
* Construction related degree.
* Appropriate CSCS card.
* Valid driving licence.
* Membership or working towards MCIOB or RICS.
At Willmott Dixon we look for a balance of skills and experience but just as important to us are your values and behaviours. This role would be suitable to a person who:
* Is a team player
* Is able to influence and inspire
* Has a growth mindset
* Has excellent listening skills
* Is able to Problem solve
* Is positive & proactive
* Has excellent presentations skills both written and verbal
* Is innovative/creative/open minded
* Displays model behaviour that shows respect, helpfulness and co-operation
* Reflects regularly on experiences and performances and constantly seeks to improve
* Is personable, friendly, approachable, motivated and flexible
* Has the ability to communicate with all levels of staff
* Is people focused
* Is driven/motivated
* Is organised/detailed
At Willmott Dixon we provide an inclusive and flexible working environment for people to thrive in and we are happy to support agile working wherever possible.
We are a proud member of the Disability Confident Scheme.
In return we reward our people generously with a competitive package that gives you flexible benefits to fit your lifestyle and priorities. This includes but is not limited to, an enhanced pension scheme, full / heavily discounted private medical, life assurance, incentive bonus and a car scheme which will make us a market leader in sustainable company travel. Applicable roles will benefit from a motoring expenditure allowance (MEA) and everyone can access a new generation of low carbon and electric cars via the Willmott Dixon run car leasing scheme.
Willmott Dixon is one of the largest privately owned Construction businesses in the UK. Our unique selling point is our people. We are passionate about people, with a real focus and drive around continuous development. We strongly believe that this passion has allowed us the success we have enjoyed in recent years. Above everything else you will be joining a values based business: our values are at the centre of every activity we undertake. Having the right talent, coupled with the right culture and values, ensures that we have a sustained future and a trusted brand in our respective markets.
Willmott Dixon has recently been awarded 5th place in the Sunday Times Best Companies Top 100 to work for and is the first major contractor and developer to win a Queen’s Award for Enterprise in the category of sustainable development. We have also been recognised for outstanding investment in communities with a CommunityMark from Business in the Community and have recently achieved the Platinum Investors in People accreditation.