We Mean Business Coalition (The GreenJobs Network of Websites)
PLEASE MENTION THE GREENJOBS NETWORK OF WEBSITES WHEN APPLYING TO THIS CAREER OPPORTUNITY
Deputy Director of Net Zero Finance
Location: New York or London, Remote
Reports to: COO
Hours Per Week (Average): Full Time
Overtime Status: Exempt
We Mean Business (WMB) is a global nonprofit coalition working with the world’s most influential businesses to take action on climate change. Together we catalyze business leadership to drive policy ambition and accelerate the transition to a zero-carbon economy.
The Corporate Net Zero team works at the core of the coalition to mainstream science-based net zero, setting the new bar for business leadership and action on climate. We work across a range of partnerships to guide net zero approaches towards credibility and complementary, we support initiatives to ratchet global ambition by mobilizing thousands of businesses and we direct companies to the tools they need to deliver on bold net zero climate strategies. Supporting global corporations and small to medium enterprises, we are defining the story of net zero in the decisive decade for climate action.
Working with our partners, the Deputy Director of Net Zero Finance will direct and coordinate the overall approach for the WMB coalition on our work with key players in the climate finance sector across business, investors (equity and debt), the banking sector, regulatory bodies and multilateral institutions. The finance manager will develop an effective strategy for the WMB coalition to engage business on finance, plan for implementation and execution, identifying gaps and opportunities.
The Deputy Director of Net Zero Finance will report to the COO. Working with partner organizations, the y will help the coalition deliver:
• Approach to climate finance and TCFD: Understand the role that partners have been playing in the climate finance sector, specifically for TCFD, and develop a position for We Mean Business coalition for high impact; identify critical gaps and opportunities for the coalition to take forward.
• Strategy: Based on the research and approach, develop guidance and strategy for the coalition’s work in this area with a clear set of goals, objectives & KPIs.
• Integrating emissions reductions and financial mechanisms for business to deliver on Net Zero: Working with the TCFD, Investor Agenda, SBTi, NCA Alliance and other key players, the manager will help to coordinate integrated net zero solutions for business.
• Advance knowledge: Advance/publish key papers to build the case for action and share best practice approaches, tools and methodologies.
• Communications: Working with the communications teams, develop a clear narrative, key messages and identify and cultivate spokespeople for ambitious climate finance advocacy
• Demonstrated project management and leadership skills necessary to work across teams and organizations
• Effective written and oral communication skills (English is the working language)
• Strong intellectual curiosity and solution-oriented thinking
• Problem solving skills with bold, thoughtful, and active approach to systems-based thinking
• Ability to convene, mediate and facilitate discussions among senior stakeholders
• A partnership mindset and service mentality; naturally connects and builds strong relationships with diverse internal and external audiences, demonstrating strong emotional intelligence
• A certain degree of flexibility and agility to meet partner and funder requests on time and to liaise with stakeholders across various time zones
Education & Experience
• Master’s Degree in relevant field or equivalent work experience
• At least 8 years relevant experience in climate finance, private sector or multilateral institutions, consulting or banking.
• Knowledge of and experience with:
o Using SASB standards and the CDSB Framework to integrate TCFD recommendations
o Climate governance frameworks and global climate finance architecture
o Carbon markets and financial instruments
o Nature Based Solutions
• Experience in developing and implementing innovative climate finance instruments
• Knowledge and experience in policy dialogue and cross-institutional collaboration at the highest level, including with representatives of government and non-government partners
Submit your cover letter and resume by clicking on the Apply Now button below. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.
Benefits and compensation vary per region and are competitive with local prevailing packages. Regardless of location, team members get equipment stipends to ensure they are set up wherever they may be working from, generous time off, and paid parental leave.
Diversity at WMB
We Mean Business is committed to building a diverse and inclusive team. We are a project of the New Venture Fund (NVF), a 501(c)(3) public charity that incubates new and innovative public-interest projects and grant-making programs. NVF and WMB are committed to attracting, developing and retaining exceptional people, and to creating a work environment that is dynamic, rewarding and enables each of us to realize our potential. Our work environment is safe and open to all employees and partners, respecting the full spectrum of race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, political affiliation, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and all other classifications protected by law in the locality and/or state in which you are working.
TO APPLY PLEASE CLICK THE “APPLY NOW” BUTTON AND YOU WILL BE REDIRECTED TO BEGIN THE APPLICATION PROCESS