Title Director – Business Growth Category DCS Role City London, England – London, United Kingdom Job Description Director – Business Growth
At CGI we’re on the lookout for inspiring leaders who can help us win, develop and deliver IT projects with real impact. We are looking for a Director focussed on strategic sales growth. In the past year CGI’s Central Government business has shown impressive growth, driven by our success in winning and delivering to our existing clients and new departments and agencies. We plan to go much further, and to achieve our growth plans we need individuals with the ambition to match ours. This is a strategic role, with the primary objective of driving business growth and executing on CGI’s future vision. Your remit will be to grow the sales funnel by proactively identifying new opportunities, building pipeline and delivering against an achievable sales target with quality, profitable and sustainable wins. This highly diverse and rewarding role will see you join a highly successful, collaborative team that are driving our continued growth in our Central Government business.
This role can be based from any of our UK Offices in England and Wales. There will be travel needed as required to other CGI and Client Offices as required.
Your future duties and responsibilities
This is a key role within our business and your role will encompass the following;
• Utilise existing network to build on and maintain key C-level relationships whilst growing the sales funnel by proactively identifying opportunities within UK Government clients
• Develop strategic Solution Sales from initial qualification to contract signature
• Create (and then lead) virtual teams, encompassing bid management, service and solution architecture, finance, operations and delivery) to successfully bid for major contracts within an agreed bid budget.
• Ensure that our clients grasp the short and long-term business and financial value of a relationship with us by demonstrating the full breadth of CGI’s capabilities and propositions
• Work closely with Vice-Presidents, to identify, qualify, pursue, execute and close deals
• Work with the delivery function to ensure offerings and capabilities can be delivered.
• Collaborate with clients to understand their needs, requirements and expectations, and lead interactions around delivery, operations, sales and events
• Engage early in the sales cycle to be able to influence strategy and effectively position yourself and CGI to create the opportunity to differentiate
• Build and develop win plans
• Participate in weekly Business Development strategy meetings
• Identify, organize and participate in VIP meetings
• Lead proposals and contribute to the design and writing
• Own the client relationship for assigned deals and manage through to closure
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
You’ll need to have as much of the following skills and experience as possible;
• Highly driven and creative with the ability to identify and work with a range of customers, understand their needs, and develop business and technical solutions with them.
• Demonstrable successful track record of solution selling into the Central Government customer base and meeting sales targets, particularly of selling TCV consulting
• A strong business leader with a proven record of accomplishment in building, inspiring and generating new business (new client, new offering or new business area)
• Proven track record of selling a range of IT services including consultancy, major systems integration solutions (design, build, finance, operate model), and long-term managed IT projects.
• Ability to balance flair and innovation with the commercial imperative.
• Self-starter, who can lead deals and manage matrix teams.
• Strong in relationship development and ongoing management, both internally and externally.
Due to the nature of some of our work and clients you will need to already hold, or be eligible for and willing to undergo UK Security Clearance to SC level.
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change-supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.