Vitality, Head of Data Science – Health,London, £Competitive + Benefits + Bonus
We’re the UK insurer and investment provider that rewards people for positive lifestyle choices. With 1.25m+ UK members and more than 25m globally, we’re out to make the world a healthier, happier place.
That applies as much to our people as it does to our members. So, as well as a highly competitive pay package, you’ll enjoy: Free places to Vitality sponsored run events, online fitness classes and wellbeing workshops, competitions to win tickets to top-flight sporting events, health checks and access to our full range of partners and rewards.
It’s what we call offering shared value, because a healthy, happy team is good for us, good for our members and good for you.
As ourHead of Data Science, you’ll get the benefits our members enjoy, including:
– Our award-winning private Vitality Health insurance + wellness incentive programme
– Access to The Vitality Programme – Apple Watch, Waitrose and Partners, Garmin, Amazon Prime, Champneys Spa days, Rakuten TV and half-price gym memberships to name a few!
– Personal health fund + Life Assurance
– Stakeholder Pension Plan with employer contribution
– 25 days annual leave + Bank holidays + option to buy and sell 5 more
– Flexible benefits package
– Internal incentives, competitions, and awards – a chance to win football and sports tickets or even be in with a chance to have a holiday of a lifetime
– A genuine opportunity to grow and establish a long-term career
Responsibilities as ourHead of Data Science will include:
– Playing a leading role in the development and design of the departmental vision, capabilities, infrastructure, and quarterly/annual road map for the launch of data sciences capabilities across Vitality Health
– Managing junior data science team members and overseeing all activities ensuring alignment with departmental and business-wide vision and strategies
– Scoping, designing, and implementing machine learning models to support the numerous initiatives of the business and demonstrating the impact to the bottom line of the business
– Managing live models (monitoring MLOps and model performance) and taking initiative to refit and calibrate the latest experience to continue to deliver optimal business value
– Working closely with other Data and Analytics Teams in creating big data applications through the utilisation of structured and unstructured data, designing optimal data architecture, and experimenting on new machine learning techniques
– Drafting regular reports for senior management on departmental performance and presenting recommended models and departmental strategies for approval
– Maintaining a deep understanding of the business’s dynamics and taking initiative to conduct exploratory data analyses and experimental designs to help the business better understand trends and behaviour of customers
– Driving education and evangelisation of data sciences throughout the business by communicating the vision and use cases of Data Science projects
What we are looking for in our ideal Head of Data Science:
– Skills in statistical, modelling and scripting programming languages such as Python and R, or similar, as well as visualisation packages
– An expert in data management programming such as SQL
– Vast experience and expertise of working with probability and statistics, inclusive of machine learning, experimental design, and optimisation
– Experience using Gradient Boosting Machines, Random Forest, Neural Network or similar algorithms
– Experience working as a Data Scientist or Quantitative/Statistical Analyst
– A proven and successful track record of leading high-performing data analyst teams leading through the successful performance of advanced quantitative analyses and statistical modelling that positively impact business performance
– Practical experience of building and implementing machine learning models to solve business problems
– The ability to disseminate business-critical information down the line in order to ensure proper execution of duties by Junior Data Scientists
– Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office tools
Closing Date: Thursday 3rd June 2021
Working for Vitality, you’ll experience an exciting mix of creativity and innovation, within a framework of challenging objectives and a passion for delivering the best.
Our people are chosen for their skills, knowledge, enthusiasm, and attitude but above all, their belief that anything can be achieved.
If you feel you have the skills and experience to become our Head of Data Science, thenplease click ‘apply’ today.