Join us as an Information Manager Lead (G7 level) with the Home Office
(London, Full-time, Permanent)
At Capita, we support clients across a range of sectors, including local Government, central Government, education, transport, health, life and pensions, insurance and other private sector organisations. We support with expertise applied by the talent across our business in combination with technology, insight and analytics to keep our clients ahead of change, sharper than competitors and more efficient than ever – and we always need new talent to help us achieve our goals.
Why Join Home Office?
This role is an exciting opportunity for a dynamic and innovative person to be at the forefront of change in one of the great Departments of State. We are delivering significant transformation in order to continue keeping our citizens safe and our country secure. New technology and the fast-evolving nature of the threats we face mean we must adapt, and adapt fast, and with the UK leaving the EU, the need for change is greater than ever.
About the Programme
The Home Office is leading a pan departmental, cross government programme to deliver a new National critical communications system. This will replace the current Airwave service used by the emergency services in Great Britain.
Customers for the Programme include the police, fire and rescue, and ambulance services as well as a range of other users stretching from local authorities and utility services to first responders like inshore rescue. There are 300,000 frontline emergency service users who will depend on the function, using handheld devices or operating equipment in 50,000 vehicles, 115 aircraft and 200 control rooms.
The Role of an Information Manager Lead
The Information Manager will lead the existing Information Management(IM) team and be responsible for the provision of the PMO IM services to the function.
· Demonstrable and relevant Information Management experience within a large Portfolio / Programme / Project in a complex delivery and contractual environment
· Managing IM team and infrastructure reporting into Luci
· Highly skilled with Document/Records Management
· Technical documentation
· EDMS – SharePoint, Huddle etc
· Experienced managing frameworks and policies within IM
· Leads and manages with best practice
· Support and give advice to the team
· Attention to detail
· Requires demonstrable experience of working effectively with stakeholders including Delivery Partners, 3rd Party Suppliers and External Customers.
· Highly proactive with an ability to take ownership and drive through tasks to completion.
· Able to demonstrate experience of working effectively with stakeholders to achieve results in line with complex governance arrangements and tight timelines
· Strong interpersonal skills. The ability to establish credibility and exert influence with key stakeholders and suppliers.
· Experienced in identifying and resolving issues with demonstrable ability to find innovative ways to resolve problems or escalate as required
· Maintain effective performance in difficult and challenging circumstance, encouraging others to do the same.
· Experience across all phases of the programme lifecycle
· Experience gained from working on a complex Major Programme, preferably in a mix of Government and Public sectors.
· Good level of technology experience.
· Good level of experience managing and engaging with 3rd party suppliers.
· Good level of understanding of commercials and contractual obligations with Suppliers.
· Good level of experience of capturing actions and following up on these through to completion.
Full JD available on request with role responsibilities.
Please note successful applicants will be expected to go through vetting and Security Clearance.
Best of luck with your application!