Washington D.C., DC, USA
Children’s National Hospital
Provides operational guidance, oversight, and leadership for Decentralized Testing, which includes POCT, PPMP, and satellite laboratories, both at the SZ campus and all extended campuses. Ensures adherence to quality assurance, monitoring and tracking of proficiency testing, record keeping standards, training, competencies and appropriate method comparisons. Provides technical assistance for the provision of accurate, valid, and timely test results. Participates in planning, implementation, management and evaluation of service/department activities for Children’s National in accordance with accepted national standards and administrative policies. Responsible for the direction and supervision of the daily operations and log-term goals of both technical and administrative functions. Is the point person for organizing the POCT interdisciplinary monthly committee meeting and developing performance improvement of POCT projects. Is involved in evaluation and implementation of new POCT initiatives.
Bachelor’s Degree in Medical Technology or equivalent and related field of science required. Master’s degree in management or administration preferred.
Minimum Work Experience
5 years of related and progressive experience required. 1 year supervisory experience required.
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills required. Knowledge of regulatory and accrediting agencies’ requirements. Experience with Laboratory Information System (LIS) and Hospital Information System (HIS).
Demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide quality oversight of Decentralized Testing.
1. Ensure compliance with regulatory and accreditation requirements.
2. Manage technical operations of POCT, PPMP, and satellite labs performed at all Children’s National sites, include those at SZ campus and extended campuses.
3. Implement and enforce Hospital and Laboratory policies and procedures.
4. Provide technical and administrative oversight of Decentralized Testing personnel.
5. Provide technical expertise to hospital departments, committees, and community as needed.
6. Interact effectively with hospital department staff and leadership.
7. Regularly attend laboratory operations meetings.
8. Attend conferences, workshops, or seminars for professional growth and continuing education.
1. Actively participate in Decentralized Testing and Laboratory Medicine’s Quality Program.
2. Maintain records to meet hospital and laboratory’s regulatory requirements.
3. Ensure competency records are complete and personnel rosters are accurate for licensing and accrediting bodies.
4. Actively participate in the Quality Programs of the Division of Laboratory Medicine and Children’s National.
5. Accurately and completely maintain patient records, including computer records.
6. Perform and maintain records of quality control.
7. Inform director and appropriately report obstacles to the conduct of daily activities, variances in activities or procedures from approved operating protocols, non-routine instrument problems, and non-routine problems in patient care.
8. Assist in supervising personnel with troubleshooting, preventive maintenance and daily activities.
9. Assist with supervision of and participation in ongoing quality assurance procedures and/or activities in compliance with inspection standards/requirements.
1. Create, oversee, and report quality assurance monitors and quality improvement activities pertaining to Decentralized Testing.
Leadership and Competencies
1. Assist with the administration and management of Decentralized Testing.
2. Assist with the coordination of daily work/assignment schedules.
3. Maintain testing personnel’s competencies as directed by institution and multiple accrediting and regulatory agencies.
4. Manage personnel professionally and effectively and seek HR’s assistance when necessary.
5. Resolve personnel conflicts and coach personnel to achieve success, productivity, and excellence in customer service.
6. Administer corrective actions when necessary.
Training and SOPs
1. Provide training and assist in writing, editing, reviewing and implementation of SOPs.
2. Manage training of Decentralized Testing personnel and performers of POCT and PPMP.
3. Participate in education of personnel involved in the performance of POCT.
4. Provide technical direction to Decentralized Testing staff.
5. Assist with preparation of training protocols and procedures.
6. Review and update procedure manuals.
7. Perform staff performance evaluations.
8. Assist medical directors with patient/parent counseling and educational initiatives.
1. Available for after hours, weekend, holiday, and on-call when needed.
1. Responsible for efficient and cost effective use of supplies and reagents.
2. Monitor supply inventories to assure adequate availability.
3. Collaborate with directors in determining technical and financial appropriateness of instrument acquisition.
4. Manage POCT supplies with zero or minimal waste.
5. Manage staff work hours and productivity, especially overtime usage
Knowledge and Skills
1. Stay abreast of emerging technologies and industry trends impacting POCT.
2. Collaborate with Department Directors to select new instrumentation and evaluate need for new testing while considering improvement in testing methodology, cost effectiveness, and efficiency.
Organizational Accountabilities (Leader)
Deliver 1. Set and clearly communicate team goals and priorities in alignment with departmental goals and budgets
2. Develop the budget and assign resources to meet the team goals
3. Provide the resources and guidance required for employees to perform effectively
4. Develop procedures to ensure high safety and quality, and course-correct as needed
5. Identify customers’ needs and ensure service excellence in meeting those needs
Engage 1. Be the link between the department and the team in defining the strategies to meet team goals
2. Provide prompt and clear feedback to staff and support their performance
3. Ensure team adherence to organizational regulations
4. Manage the working environment to promote productivity and motivation
5. Represent the team in clearing obstacles to high performance
6. Hire staff and develop their capabilities
7. Monitor and promote strong employee engagement
Grow 1. Encourage and share new ways of making the right work easier to do
2. Recognize and share incremental improvements in operations
3. Promote the success of organizational and department initiatives by clearly aligning programs to the mission
: District of Columbia-Washington
: Sheikh Zayed Campus 111 Michigan Avenue Washington 20010
: Patient ServicesRegular / Temporary: R (Regular)Position Status: FT – Full-TimeShift: DayWork Schedule: 0800 – 1630
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.hospitalcareers.com/job/3691436/manager-decentralized-testing/→