Eunomia – The GreenJobs Network of Websites)
PLEASE MENTION THE GREENJOBS NETWORK OF WEBSITES WHEN APPLYING TO THIS CAREER OPPORTUNITY Location:
Bristol, Manchester or London. Please state your desired location in your cover letter.
Hours of Work:
40 hours per week, Monday to Friday.
As soon as possible. Please indicate your earliest possible start date on the application form.
About the Company:
Eunomia Research & Consulting is an independent and ethical environmental consultancy. We are a mission-oriented business and our goal is to be influential in bringing about positive change: we embrace this in all that we do.
Eunomia has grown from its foundations in waste management and resource efficiency, to become a well-respected consultancy in the fields of, low carbon energy, marine planning, plastic pollution, catchment management, air pollution, circular economy, and, climate emergency and climate change mitigation. We employ over 100 staff and have offices in Bristol, London, Manchester, Brussels, Athens, New York and Auckland.
In the Natural Resource space, our objective is to be influential in the development of innovative mechanisms that support integrated working and unlock co-ordinated investment in natural capital to enhance biodiversity and deliver multiple benefits.
We invite applicants to play a key role in a growing Natural Economy team. You will be involved in cutting edge project delivery and the development of bids to support governments, companies, and local authorities in designing more effective policies and mechanisms to enhance natural capital and biodiversity. This will include identifying innovative approaches that maximise benefits, assessing policy proposals, building business cases for investment, and exploring tools to quantitatively assess environmental impacts. You will develop strong client relationships and pro-actively create business opportunities drawing on resources and expertise from across the business.
You will be a leader, recognised technical expert, and an exceptional communicator. You will be comfortable handling a large and varied workload under pressure whilst simultaneously managing a number of key client relationships. You need to be able to work as part of small teams and to have good interpersonal skills, allowing you to interface with other team members in a manner that allows your tasks to be delivered efficiently and effectively in the context of the team’s wider work. A personal interest in, and commitment to, environmental and sustainability issues is expected.
· Educated to degree level or equivalent in a relevant field such as sciences, engineering, agriculture, land use planning, economics, public administration and/or political sciences.
· Experience of leading projects in two or more of the following areas: natural capital, biodiversity, green space strategy, agricultural economics, environmental or resource economics; and, a track record of delivering to time, budget and client satisfaction.
· Expert technical understanding of environmental policy instruments and an aptitude for creative thinking to consider novel policy / financial instruments to solve real-world problems.
· Experience of applying a wide range of policy tools and approaches to achieve desired environmental outcomes / impact.
· Strong client relationships complementary to Eunomia’s existing network.
· Demonstrable experience of highly effective leadership to develop and manage a team.
· Strong track record of income generation.
· Experience of land-use planning.
· Experience of natural capital accounting.
London based staff will receive an additional £3,000 in accordance with Eunomia’s London Weighting Allowance policy.
· Private Healthcare.
· Death in Service scheme.
· Group Pension.
· Income Protection Scheme (after completion of probationary period).
24 days per year (plus Bank Holidays) rising by 1 day each year to a maximum of 30 days per year. Employees have the opportunity to buy up to an additional 5 days annual leave per year, each year.
In order to be considered all applications should be submitted electronically to jobs(at)eunomia.co.uk and must include the following:
1) A formal covering letter should be submitted (maximum 2 pages of A4) addressed to Gavin Bailey summarising your reasons for applying for the post, your suitability for the post and why you would like to work for Eunomia.
2) A completed application form which should be downloaded from
3) The deadline for applications is 12 noon, Thursday 11th March ’21.
4) First interviews will consist of a question & answer interview and will be held via videoconference the week commencing 15th March ’21.
5) Second interviews will be at a date to be confirmed.
Hardcopy applications and CV-only applications will not be considered. If you do have any queries please submit these by email or phone to: jobs(at)eunomia.co.uk |
No agencies please.
The Company reserves the right not to appoint anyone if no suitable candidates come forward. Eunomia Research & Consulting is committed to Equal Opportunities and is a Living Wage employer. Company no.
Please mention GreenJobs when responding to this Job Posting.