Carbon Trust (The GreenJobs Network of Websites)
PLEASE MENTION THE GREENJOBS NETWORK OF WEBSITES WHEN APPLYING TO THIS CAREER OPPORTUNITY
Philanthropic Engagement Lead
Contract Term: Permanent
Closing date: 8th June 2021
Salary: Commensurate with experience
About the role:
We are looking for a Philanthropic Engagement Lead to join our Programmed and Innovations team to coordinate and manage our engagement in this area to enable us to scale up our work and impact. This exciting role offers an unparalleled opportunity to engage with a diverse range of philanthropic foundations and organisations and to develop new initiatives that address gaps in the support landscape where the Carbon Trust can deliver significant mission impact. Philanthropic giving for climate change mitigation already totalled $5 – 9 billion in 2019 and is growing fast with new initiatives significantly increasing philanthropic support for this area (e.g. the new $10 billion Earth Fund). We envisage that the role will be based in London and will require some travel across the UK and internationally.
The Carbon Trust’s mission is to accelerate the move to a sustainable, low carbon economy. We are independent experts on carbon reduction and resource efficiency, who reinvest surpluses from group commercial activities into our mission.
The Carbon Trust provides innovative advice to governments and businesses around the world to support the global transition to a low carbon economy. We work closely with decision makers and implementers in key institutions in the UK and across multiple emerging and developing countries on low-carbon finance, programmes, policy and technology.
Main duties and responsibilities:
• Proactively identifying, understanding and engaging with a diverse range of philanthropic foundations and organisations (e.g. private individual and family foundations, corporate foundations etc) to identify opportunities to collaborate with them and their partners to achieve shared aims and impact goals;
• Coordinating with colleagues across the Carbon Trust to identify and prioritise propositions and collaboration opportunities to explore with relevant philanthropic foundations and organisations;
• As a key part of our three-year growth strategy, lead the development of our philanthropic engagement and sales strategy supporting the Carbon Trust in growing revenue achieved through philanthropic organisations that will allow us to achieve greater impact against our mission;
• Oversee the delivery of our philanthropic engagement sales strategy ensuring most appropriate approach, cross-Group resourcing and reporting progress against milestones;
• Regular liaison with international Carbon Trust leads to ensure coordination with international business development plans across Africa, Asia and Latin America;
• Effectively managing, developing and sharing knowledge across the Carbon Trust and with philanthropic partners to enable the delivery of impact at speed and scale;
• Facilitating the development of new propositions that draw on distinctive Carbon Trust capabilities, expertise and networks and align with potential areas of interest for philanthropic foundations and organisations;
• Developing and maintaining the Carbon Trust’s network with philanthropic foundations, organisations and their partners, attending and running meetings, workshops and seminars;
• Supporting the preparation of proposals for philanthropic foundations and organisations and helping to launch and deliver selected philanthropically funded initiatives;
• Other duties relating to the Carbon Trust’s mission will be requested on an ad hoc basis.
Key skills we are looking for:
• Excellent interpersonal, influencing and relationship development skills to engage effectively with diverse stakeholders across philanthropic foundations, policymakers, innovators, suppliers, financiers, civil society and our existing and potential partners;
• Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to lead and run workshop sessions, present to small and large audiences, and write high quality proposals and reports;
• Ability to solve complex problems and respond to the evolving needs and requirements of philanthropic foundations and partners;
Qualifications and experince
• Experience in proactively developing new propositions, collaborations and relationships;
• Strong existing network with philanthropic foundations and organisations;
• Interest in and understanding of the Carbon Trust’s mission, activities and propositions;
• Knowledge and understanding of the climate change and environmental aims and activities of philanthropic foundations and organisations;
• Knowledge/experience of transitioning to sustainable solutions in developing and emerging economies;
• Degree educated (or equivalent); and
• Experience of managing multiple projects simultaneously and managing work efficiently including coordinating proposals and deliverables and meeting deadlines.
• Postgraduate qualification (or equivalent) focusing on the environment, policy, business, economics, technology or sustainability;
• Experience of delivering projects with, or experience of working in, philanthropic foundations and organisations;
• Robust programme and project management experience; and
• Understanding of climate change and sustainability issues.
Salary & Benefits:
We offer a competitive salary and a performance based bonus. Our hours are 37.5 per week with 28 days paid holiday plus bank holidays and a generous pension scheme.
Our head office is in London, close to Blackfriars and Waterloo stations, we offer travel card loans, a cycle to work scheme, company away days and a 24-hour Employee Assistance Helpline.
Joining the Carbon Trust provides an opportunity to work alongside some of the leading practitioners in the low carbon arena so if you are excited by this opportunity and would like to join us please click the apply button to visit our application page and submit your CV and a cover letter.
We are an equal opportunities employer, value diversity in our workforce and make our decisions based on your skills and experience. No agencies or publications.
We can only accept applications from those who can prove their eligibility to work in the UK.
Please be aware that due to the current situation surrounding Covid-19, interviewing and onboarding processes will take place via video conferencing.
TO APPLY PLEASE CLICK THE “APPLY NOW” BUTTON AND YOU WILL BE REDIRECTED TO BEGIN THE APPLICATION PROCESS