Anthesis – The GreenJobs Network of Websites)
PLEASE MENTION THE GREENJOBS NETWORK OF WEBSITES WHEN APPLYING TO THIS CAREER OPPORTUNITY
Role: Principal Green Design Consultant
Location: One of Anthesis’ key UK “hubs” Oxford, London, Manchester or Bristol
Practice Area: UK Climate & Decarbonisation Community
Role: Principal Green Design Consultant
Renumeration rate: Competitive (perks include 1 paid day for your birthday, 2 paid volunteering days, flextime options)
Anthesis is the sustainability activator. We seek to make a significant contribution to a world which is more resilient and productive. We do this by working with cities, companies, and other organisations to drive sustainable performance. We develop financially driven sustainability strategies, underpinned by technical expertise and delivered by innovative collaborative teams across the world. The company combines the reach of big professional services groups with the deep expertise of boutiques.
Anthesis has clients across industry sectors from corporate multinationals such as Reckitt Benckiser, Cisco, Tesco, The North Face and Target, and also supports early-stage companies through Anthesis Ventures. The company brings together 500 experts operating in 40 countries around the world and has offices in the U.S., Canada, Colombia, the UK, Ireland, Italy, Germany, Sweden, Spain, Andorra, Finland, France, Brazil, China, the Philippines and the Middle East.
Summary of role
We are seeking a Principal Green Design Consultant. They will join our UK Climate & Decarbonisation Community and Global Centre of Excellence for Analytics. They will lead our pioneering work to support clients on product sustainability score-carding. While working closely with our Lifecycle Assessment specialists (indeed, you are likely to have a strong background in LCA development) our score-carding methods specifically allow product designers to build in sustainability characteristics and understand impacts in real-time. These methods are already been used to support clients like PepsiCo, RB and Target and we will expect you to build this sustainable innovation with new clients. This role will be directly supported by our Technical Director in Product Footprinting and our team of GHG and LCA analysts.
• Leading the design and implementation of our green design projects – specifically working with some of the world’s largest companies to understand their sustainability priorities and what behaviour they want to encourage in their designers. Then using this to develop methods to score-card products and give them the information to improve their products
• Work closely with the Technical Director to lead the expansion of this service offering to new clients
• Working closely with our software partner Footprinter to design, configure, roll-out and maintain tools
• Designing and performing detailed calculations to determine material flows, greenhouse gas emissions, circularity and other environmental, economic and social metrics
• Designing and supporting pilots and roll-outs of software tools
• Supporting others in the team in maintaining databases of background data that support clients’ programmes (e.g., emission factor libraries)
• Project, client and line management
• Business development, including proposal writing
• Would expect at least 5-years’ experience in designing and delivering complex product assessments/score-carding. This may be within a corporate or consulting environment.
• Excellent analytical skills applying various analytical software. We would expect advanced competency in calculation tools including the likes of Microsoft Excel and preferably some experience with scripted approach to analysis.
• Demonstrable client management and business development skills.
• Strong communication and consulting skills.
• Project management skills: ensuring projects are delivered on time, to budget and to client expectations.
Personal Attributes and Qualities
• Previous background or passion for sustainability preferred.
• Good understanding of product process/product design understanding.
• Effective time management and organisational skills, with the ability to stick to deadlines and clarity on the need for prioritisation. Ability to respond positively to pressure and take a flexible approach to a dynamic, fast moving and changing work environment.
• Work well with a wide range of people on a global basis.
At Anthesis we value both the wellbeing and the professional development of our people by doing our best to make Anthesis a great place to work. Our identity, values, and the quality of our work are vested in our people and we want you to thrive, develop and succeed here.
As an equal opportunities employer, we value diversity in our workforce and make our decisions based on skills and experience – the only thing that differentiates you is your talent and the value you bring. We understand that diverse ideas breed extraordinary results by inspiring our thinking, challenging our solutions and enhancing our culture.