Carbon Trust (The GreenJobs Network of Websites)
PLEASE MENTION THE GREENJOBS NETWORK OF WEBSITES WHEN APPLYING TO THIS CAREER OPPORTUNITY
Programme Coordinator, Offshore Wind
Contract term: Permanent
Closing date: 9th June 2021
Salary: Commensurate with experience
About the role:
We are looking for a motivated and highly organised Programme Coordinator to join our Offshore Wind team. We envision this role being based in London but would also consider the role being based in Edinburgh.
This role will provide back office project management support for the Offshore Wind team to ensure efficient and effective operation of the team as a whole, with a particular focus on supporting the effective delivery of offshore wind programmes. This includes overseeing internal processes such as financial administration, invoicing, resourcing, QA, contracting as well as supporting our delivery roles and team management through supporting restructures, recruitment and staffing.
The role would particularly suit a candidate who has experience in a team support role, such as an accountant, finance team member, paralegal, office management or similar. However, we are interested to hear from any candidates with strong organisational abilities, attention to detail, good self-motivation and an interest in supporting the transition to a sustainable, low carbon economy.
The Carbon Trust’s mission is to accelerate the move to a sustainable, low carbon economy. We are independent experts on carbon reduction and resource efficiency, who reinvest surpluses from group commercial activities into our mission.
The Carbon Trust provides innovative advice to governments and businesses around the world to support the global transition to a low carbon economy. We work closely with decision makers and implementers in key institutions in the UK and across multiple emerging and developing countries on low-carbon finance, programmes, policy and technology.
Main duties and responsibilities:
• Programmes and projects finance tracking, such as profitability reviews (alongside project PMs)
• Programmes and projects finance reporting
• Support invoicing activities and other administration activities (e.g. resource forecasting, workorder administration, raising purchase orders, internal transfers)
• Coordinate financial and administrative aspects between programmes (OWA, ORJIP, FLW JIP, The Integrator)
• Liaise between Offshore Wind Team and Finance Team and other central services
• Support and oversee contracting processes
• SharePoint and TEAMS permissions management for external sites
• Team structure and team task management
• Ad hoc support where needed on bids (non-technical) and other Business Development
• Capturing enquiries and establishing new opportunities and projects in our Microsoft Dynamics CRM and SharePoint systems
• Organise and schedule meetings, webinars and events
Key skills we are looking for:
• Strong project/process managing skills
• Highly organised, excellent attention to detail, and ability to manage own time
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Ability to work independently without extensive oversight
• Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
• Ability to work effectively with colleagues in a team environment
• Proficiency using Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and other MS Office applications such as Microsoft Dynamics CRM and SharePoint
Qualifications and experience:
• Knowledge of office management systems and procedures
• Strong IT skills, including proficiency in MS Office (essential). Familiarity with other IT packages such as CRM, SharePoint and Agresso / Unit 4 (desirable)
• Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritise work
• Attention to detail and problem solving skills
• Strong organisational and planning skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Proficiency in written and spoken English (essential)
• A desire to be part of the growing momentum to help reduce the impacts of climate change on the planet
• No prior offshore wind experience required
Salary & Benefits:
We offer a competitive salary and a performance based bonus. Our hours are 37.5 per week with 28 days paid holiday plus bank holidays and a generous pension scheme.
Our head office is in London, close to Blackfriars and Waterloo stations, we offer travel card loans, a cycle to work scheme, company away days and a 24-hour Employee Assistance Helpline.
Joining the Carbon Trust provides an opportunity to work alongside some of the leading practitioners in the low carbon arena so if you are excited by this opportunity and would like to join us please click the apply button to visit our application page and submit your CV and a cover letter.
We are an equal opportunities employer, value diversity in our workforce and make our decisions based on your skills and experience. We can only accept applications from those who can prove their eligibility to work in the UK. No agencies or publications.
Please be aware that due to the current situation surrounding Covid-19, interviewing and onboarding processes will take place via video conferencing.
TO APPLY PLEASE CLICK THE “APPLY NOW” BUTTON AND YOU WILL BE REDIRECTED TO BEGIN THE APPLICATION PROCESS