Join us a Senior Project Planner/Manager with the Home Office – G7 Grade
(London, Full-Time, Permanent)
*We are keen to hear from essentially experienced Project Managers who have advanced Project Planning expertise, within large scale, fast paced, everchanging projects/PMO**
At Capita, we support clients across a range of sectors, including local Government, central Government, education, transport, health, life and pensions, insurance and other private sector organisations. We support with expertise applied by the talent across our business in combination with technology, insight and analytics to keep our clients ahead of change, sharper than competitors and more efficient than ever – and we always need new talent to help us achieve our goals.
The Home Office
This role is an exciting opportunity for a dynamic and innovative person to be at the forefront of change in one of the great Departments of State. We are delivering significant transformation in order to continue keeping our citizens safe and our country secure. New technology and the fast-evolving nature of the threats we face mean we must adapt, and adapt fast, and with the UK leaving the EU, the need for change is greater than ever.
Project Planners play a key role in delivering advice and guidance to the project/programme leadership and their teams on how to best deliver the required outputs, products and activities within the scope of the plan within the Home Office Transformation Portfolio.
The Role of a Project Planner
Your role as Project Planner will be to work with stakeholders to ensure all aspects of the project are defined. You will provide clarity on key milestones to define what, when and how activities will be organised to ensure the outcomes of a project can be achieved, with the resources available.
Essential Criteria and competencies:
· Essentially a highly experienced Project Manager with strong Project Planning experience within a demanding fast paced programme
· Come from a fast paced and experienced background
· Be able to thread together the plans from other teams
· Quality assures the plans
· Plans are already created
· Critical path analysis
· Dependency management
· Reporting and Monitoring
· Strong communication skills
· Good questioning abilities
· Effective problem solving
· Collaboration skills
· Provide guidance and advice
· Confident to work in isolation and read between the lines so to speak
· Home Office/Law enforcement/Border Force experience
· SC clearance
Typical Qualifications and Professional Memberships include:
· PRINCE2 Practitioner
· Agile Project Management Practitioner
· APM Project Management Qualification
· APM Practitioner Qualification
· APM Registered Project Professional
· Project Leadership Programme
Please note successful applicants will be expected to go through vetting and Security Clearance.
We look forward to hearing from you and wish you the very best of luck with your application.