Resource Solutions – London Stock Exchange
Research and Analytics Associate, Primary Markets
Role Profile Career Framework Stage: Associate
Job Family Group: Data Operations – Data Analytics
The Global Primary Markets team is responsible for maintaining and growing revenues across its equity and Fixed Income listing segments. This is achieved by raising LSEG visibility, looking for efficiencies to enhance productivity, and innovating with our customers.
Key responsibilities of the role:
– Analysis of the global IPO market, with specific emphasis on equity performance, valuations, shareholder and geographic analysis
– Compile pitchbooks and analytics for Business Development Managers to use in attracting new equity, Fixed Income and investment fund listings to London Stock Exchange
– Participate in various research projects to enhance our understanding of primary markets in London and other key regions- Write briefing notes on companies, markets and investment themes for senior executives across London Stock Exchange Group
– Raise LSEG visibility for key Primary Markets objectives including strengthening our position in emerging investor trends and further expanding our presence internationally
– Develop new data sources in order to provide high quality support to the wider Primary Markets team
– Efficiently create and run reports derived from complex datasets to advance the Primary Markets team’s core business objectives
– Contribute to policy and regulatory analysis to continue to enhance the competitiveness of UK capital markets
Required Skills and Experience
– Communication and Impact
– Projects personal credibility and expertise
– Prepares high quality communication materials and presentations that are well structured, persuasive and concise
– Maintains regular contact with the Business Development team to ensure they are informed and updated on progress, issues and timelines
Analysis and Problem Solving
– Assimilates information and identifies the pertinent points quickly
– Analyses issues to identify the most commercial, realistic and pragmatic solutions
– Analyses data efficiently with a view to deliver high quality research
– Can ably use data to demonstrate key marketing points
– Committed to high standards of excellence; sets rigorous and stretching targets
– Prioritises according to business goals and successfully manages conflict
– High level of accuracy and attention to detail
– Works independently without prompt or close supervision
Diversity & Inclusion
People are at the heart of what we do and drive the success of our business. Our colleagues thrive personally and professionally through our shared values of Integrity, Partnership, Innovation and Excellence are at the core of our culture. We embrace diversity and actively seek to attract people with unique backgrounds and perspectives. We are always looking at ways to become more agile so we meet the needs of our teams and customers. We believe that an inclusive collaborative workplace is pivotal to our success and supports the potential and growth of all colleagues at LSEG.
London Stock Exchange Group (LSE.L) is a diversified international market infrastructure and capital markets business sitting at the heart of the world’s financial community. The Group can trace its history back to 1698.
The Group operates a broad range of international equity, bond and derivatives markets, including London Stock Exchange; Borsa Italiana; MTS, Europe’s leading Fixed Income market; and Turquoise, a Pan-European equities MTF. It is also home to one of the world’s leading growth markets for SMEs, AIM. Through its platforms, the Group offers international business and investors unrivalled access to Europe’s capital markets.Post trade and risk management services are a significant part of the Group’s business operations. In addition to majority ownership of multi-asset global CCP operator, LCH Group, LSEG operates CC&G, the Italian clearing house; Monte Titoli, the T2S-ready European settlement business; and globeSettle, the Group’s newly established CSD based in Luxembourg.
The Group is a global leader in indexing and analytic solutions. FTSE Russell offers thousands of indexes that measure and benchmark markets around the world. The Group also provides customers with an extensive range of Real Time and reference data products, including SEDOL, UnaVista, and RNS.
London Stock Exchange Group is a leading developer of high performance trading platforms and capital markets software for customers around the world. In addition to the Group’s own markets, over 35 other organisations and exchanges use the Group’s MillenniumIT trading, surveillance and post trade technology.
Headquartered in London, with significant operations in North America, Italy, France and Sri Lanka, the Group employs approximately 4,700 people.