Anthesis – The GreenJobs Network of Websites)
PLEASE MENTION THE GREENJOBS NETWORK OF WEBSITES WHEN APPLYING TO THIS CAREER OPPORTUNITY
Role: Senior Carbon Consultant
Location: One of the Anthesis UK hubs; London, Bristol, Manchester, and Oxford.
Practice Area: Climate & Decarbonisation
Role: Senior Carbon Consultant
Renumeration rate: Competitive (perks include 1 paid day for your birthday, 2 paid volunteering days, flextime options)
Anthesis is the sustainability activator. We seek to make a significant contribution to a world which is more resilient and productive. We do this by working with cities, companies, and other organisations to drive sustainable performance. We develop financially driven sustainability strategies, underpinned by technical expertise and delivered by innovative collaborative teams across the world. The company combines the reach of big professional services groups with the deep expertise of boutiques.
Anthesis has clients across industry sectors from corporate multinationals such as Reckitt Benckiser, Cisco, Tesco, The North Face and Target, and also supports early stage companies through Anthesis Ventures. The company brings together 500 experts operating in 40 countries around the world and has offices in the U.S., Canada, Colombia, the UK, Ireland, Italy, Germany, Sweden, Spain, Andorra, Finland, France, Brazil, China, the Philippines and the Middle East.
Summary of role
Climate change support is a critical area of our work and we are committed to the importance of this ‘decisive decade. Anthesis offers a wide range of sustainability consulting services across the UK and internationally, focusing on innovative management of carbon emissions, strategic target setting, driving emissions reduction through operations and the value chain and the net zero agenda.
The carbon consulting practice is looking to appoint a highly motivated senior consultant based in the UK to lead on a variety of exciting projects, principally for our international private sector clients. This is a delivery and project management role engaging directly with the market to support major climate change projects to our clients. It will involve collaborating with global Anthesis sustainability experts and with other Technical Consultants not only to deliver great projects but also to support in developing new innovative ways of supporting our clients’ sustainability journey.
Anthesis focuses on driving maximum sustainable impact by our clients, many of which are major blue-chip companies such as LEGO, PepsiCo, Nestle and Salesforce. You will have the opportunity to own market-leading projects in areas such as providing strategic support to C-suite, setting Net Zero and Science-based Target (SBTs) agendas and carbon reduction pathways including developing and implementing carbon action plans. For implementation, you will have the support of an extensive engineering and delivery team who directly enable reductions for our clients.
• Develop and deliver existing and new carbon consulting services, working directly with clients throughout this process. You will be providing leading support on progressive carbon management. Anthesis has developed an enviable reputation in providing leading insight and delivery and the area of carbon management is no exception.
• Write proposals for new business, in collaboration with the existing team
• Be independent in engaging with a wide variety of clients, often in senior roles within their business.
• You will be writing technical reports, drawing on expertise from across the wider team and rest of the business.
• Attend client meetings, where necessary, for development of opportunities and project delivery.
• Manage multiple projects independently with minimal supervision to meet tight deadlines.
• Learn and develop your technical expertise, supported by our technical directors across the sustainability teams as well as mentor more junior consultants including providing line management, where necessary.
• Contribute to Anthesis’ innovation and thought leadership around corporate carbon management.
• Excellent project management and some team leadership
• Strong numeracy with comfortable use of modelling and data manipulation tools
• 3-5+ years’ experience is delivering carbon projects either in-house or in a consultancy environment with a deep understanding of critical accounting, reporting and target setting standards such as GHG Protocol, SBTi guidance etc.
• A passion and success in delighting clients, preferably within a corporate context while challenging them to deliver maximum sustainability impact.
• Strong communication and consulting skills; particularly an understanding of the sustainability challenges that organisations face in today’s climate.
• Active and encouraging team player that celebrates and applied the diversity of skills and personalities in a team.
Personal Attributes and Qualities
• Previous background or passion for additional sustainability specialism preferred;
• Effective time management and organisational skills. Ability to respond positively to pressure and take a flexible approach to a dynamic, fast moving and changing work environment;
• Work well with a wide range of people on a global basis;
At Anthesis we value both the wellbeing and the professional development of our people by doing our best to make Anthesis a great place to work. Our identity, values, and the quality of our work are vested in our people and we want you to thrive, develop and succeed here.
As an equal opportunities employer, we value diversity in our workforce and make our decisions based on skills and experience – the only thing that differentiates you is your talent and the value you bring. We understand that diverse ideas breed extraordinary results by inspiring our thinking, challenging our solutions and enhancing our culture.