Ricardo Energy & Environment
Role Title: Senior Consultant- Air Quality Transport Emissions
Salary : 35,200- 52,800 depending on experience
Location: UK (London, Harwell, Bristol, Manchester, Glasgow, Home working)
Ricardo is the leading provider of air quality services to the UK’s public sector, and is seeking to further strengthen its air quality team, by appointing an experienced air quality consultant specialising in transport emissions. The successful applicant will make a leading contribution to growth across the business, including but not limited to the area of national compliance assessment, emission inventories and working with colleagues in our Automotive and Engineering Division on vehicle emission reduction.
Our team supports major projects for UK Government including the UK’s National Atmospheric Emissions Inventory (NAEI), the national Modelling of Ambient Air Quality (MAAQ) and the UK’s national air quality measurement network (AURN). We are a lead contractor for the European Commission on air quality and emissions policy.
You would be joining Ricardo Energy & Environment’s Air Quality Modelling and Emission Inventories team of 50 consultants, which includes a sub team of six transport emission specialists. The role will require the use of air quality emission and modelling tools, interpretation of technical data and preparation of technical reports. You should have the ability to interact with air quality professionals including policy makers, and to write reports in English to a professional standard. You will work closely with colleagues in the London, Harwell, Glasgow, and Manchester offices to deliver high quality solutions on a range of projects within these national contracts including characterising the impacts of policy on air pollution levels, developing and modelling policy scenarios, and making use of data to support decision making.
We are looking for someone to technically support the current transport air quality team, working with our delivery teams and building on our existing track record. We are looking for a scientist, with a proven track record, to help deliver and grow our air quality technical expertise and business in the UK and internationally. We seek an individual with:
* the ability to deliver robust technical outputs that withstand high level scrutiny;
* an innovative mindset that pushes at technical boundaries to enhance delivery;
* an inclusive culture fit for our consultancy team;
* knowledge of air quality and emissions regulations in the UK, Europe and beyond;
* a network of relevant contacts.
You will work across the air quality and greenhouse gas emission spectrum, delivering projects and helping to secure new business opportunities. You will be able to engage with clients, leveraging your existing network and reputation and Ricardo’s own capabilities and expertise. Most importantly you will have the drive and determination to succeed and must be comfortable working at a senior technical level in a consultancy environment.
Key Skills & Experience:
* Experience of working in an environmental consultancy or academia, with a firm grasp of air quality and climate challenges
* Strong scientific technical knowledge of emissions from transport, ideally including a background in atmospheric chemistry, air quality modelling and data science
* A Bachelors, Masters or PhD in a relevant discipline and demonstratable track record
* Highly numerate with strong attention to detail and the ability to scrutinise data sets within a structured quality assurance standards and protocols system.
* Have personal drive and determination to succeed, be self-determining and able to positively contribute to the business at senior level in a consultancy environment.
* A track record in client relationship management with an ability to manage projects and deliver client outcomes is desirable.
* Strong communications skills, both written and oral to a variety of audiences including scientists and policy makers.
This is a fast-paced and challenging environment offering you the opportunity to make your mark. You will have support from the wider business for your career to develop into a wide range of future opportunities within Ricardo Energy & Environment.
In return for your commitment, drive and enthusiasm, we offer an attractive benefits package, a personal development plan, and the opportunity to make a difference in a challenging and rewarding field. Ricardo Energy & Environment is an equal opportunities employer.
About Ricardo Energy & Environment
Ricardo Energy & Environment is an internationally leading sustainability consultancy combining air quality, energy, climate change, environmental and chemical risk expertise with strong IT and economics capability. Operating across the world, we work in partnership with our customers to help transform the way they work, empowering business leaders with award winning consultancy advice. With unrivalled technical expertise and a reputation for producing innovative solutions, we offer a stimulating and rewarding environment in which to work.
We have over 500 technical and scientific staff, many are recognised experts in their disciplines, and over 60 years’ consulting experience that includes a long track record of successfully delivering services and advice to a wide range of major private and public-sector organisations.