Location: Bristol, London or Manchester. Please specify any preference on your application form. Homeworking during the COVID-19 pandemic is permitted.
Hours of Work: Full time, 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday, between hours of 08:00 – 18:00.
Start Date: As soon as possible. Please indicate your earliest possible start date on the application form.
About the Company: Eunomia Research & Consulting is an independent and ethical environmental consultancy. We are a mission-oriented business and our goal is to be influential in bringing about positive change: we embrace this in all that we do. We employ around 100 staff and have offices in Bristol, London, Manchester, Brussels, Athens, New York and Auckland.
We are appointed advisors to numerous blue-chip companies, private equity funds and lenders. We also work with a broad range of organisations from trans-national bodies such as the OECD, UNEP and the European Union, through to national governments, local authorities and business support organisations (including Scottish Enterprise, Zero Waste Scotland, WRAP).
We are at the leading edge of a number of areas of environmental policy which are critical in the eyes of governments, and we punch well above our weight in terms of influence on public and private sector clients alike.
Job description: You will be involved in a range of activities including project management, bid management, client relationship management, line management and acting as technical lead. You will also undertake complex Excel-based modelling, desktop research, and technical report writing. You will be involved in or lead multiple projects at once. These may involve supporting local authorities in developing carbon baselines and decarbonisation plans, working with businesses to quantify the environmental impact of their products and to reduce their carbon footprint, or supporting national or supranational governmental bodies to develop emissions reduction policies.
You will be flexible with a strong work ethic and feel comfortable simultaneously leading and delivering a number of technical projects and bids under pressure. You will be a self-starter, highly organised, and share our commitment to a high quality of work. A personal interest in, and commitment to, environmental and sustainability issues is expected.
Essential Criteria: · Good technical understanding of:
o Developing models to quantify carbon emissions, and of the associated datasets used in such models;
o The various methodologies to quantify emissions – such as the GHG Protocol – and those used to develop national / regional emissions inventories;
o The key principles used when undertaking a Life Cycle Assessment (LCA).
· At least five years’ experience of emissions accounting project delivery, preferably obtained in an industrial or commercial setting (such as consultancy);
· Excellent research & data analysis skills, including manipulation of large datasets;
· Strong verbal and written communication skills, including technical report writing and the ability to explain complex topics in non-technical language at all levels.
· Experience of emissions accounting within the waste and resources sector;
· Experience of undertaking an LCA using industry standard LCA software tools;
· Experience working within the consultancy business model;
· Familiarity with the technical and operational aspects of energy systems and other processes responsible for emissions;
· Capability in developing and implementing practical net-zero transition strategies;
· A current network of potential clients, partners and sub-contractors in this technical area;
· Familiar with corporate and product carbon accounting and certification methodologies.
Remuneration: Bristol & Manchester based
£33,500 to £50,500 depending on qualifications and experience.
London based staff will receive an additional £3,000 in accordance with Eunomia’s London Weighting Allowance policy.
· Death in Service scheme;
· Private Healthcare;
· Employee Assistance Programme;
· Group Pension; and
· Income Protection Scheme (after completion of probationary period)
Holiday Entitlement: 24 days per year (plus Bank Holidays) rising by 1 day each year to a maximum of 30 days per year.
Application Information: In order to be considered all applications should be submitted electronically to and must include the following:
1) A formal covering letter should be submitted (maximum 2 pages of A4) addressed to Gavin Bailey summarising your reasons for applying for the post, your suitability for the post and why you would like to work for Eunomia.
2) A completed application form which should be downloaded from
3) The deadline for applications is 12 noon, Thursday 01 st April.
4) First interviews will consist of a question & answer interview and will be held via videoconference the week commencing 05 th April.
5) Second interviews will be at a date to be confirmed.
Hardcopy applications and CV-only applications will not be considered. If you do have any queries please submit these by email or phone to: |
No agencies please.
The Company reserves the right not to appoint anyone if no suitable candidates come forward. Eunomia Research & Consulting is committed to Equal Opportunities and is a Living Wage employer. Company no.