FMC Consultancy Services is seeking a Senior Engineer with experience in the Highways Sector to be part of our growing and experienced highways team working on a variety of challenging projects including several high-profile locations around Central London. This full-time permanent role will initially be based from home and will then be based from our office in central London.
People are at the heart of our business and we want to ensure that everyone goes home safe, healthy and well at the end of each day. As a business we have introduced new rules of engagement, social distancing marshals and improved hygiene facilities to ensure that our employees can work safely; and where possible they are working from home. People first, go home safe.
At FM Conway, we deliver vital infrastructure services that help keep people, communities and businesses moving. Our people are our greatest asset and we are always searching for talented individuals to join our family.
The Senior Engineer Role
As our Senior Engineer you will help deliver highway and transportation schemes for both private and public sector clients in Central London and across the South East. What sets FM Conway Consultancy apart from other consultancies is the ability to self-deliver and the opportunity to work in close collaboration with our implementation teams and a chance to see projects through to completion of the construction stage.
With a number of term contracts in place, including with Westminster City Council and Transport for London, FMC consultancy has a steady stream of new and interesting projects to be taken from design through to implementation in collaboration with our contactor teams.
What we’re looking for in our Senior Engineer
We are looking for candidates who are degree qualified, with a BEng / BSc in Civil Engineering or equivalent and previous experience in the field of highway engineering with relevant technical experience. Yu will have experience of:
– Developing highway designs in accordance with the DMRB, LCDS and TSRGD as well as other industry standard documentation and guidance.
– Designing using AutoCAD with the ability to produce high quality drawing and design packages.
– Using swept path analysis as a design tool.
– Completing the Statutory Undertaker’s plant diversion processes from initial searches, through to quotations and collaborative implementation.
– Producing comprehensive Bills of Quantities for schemes at feasibility and detail design stage.
– Industry CDM requirements for Principal Designers, with a working knowledge of the responsibilities of the client and contractor.
– Liaising with clients, colleagues and sub-contractors/consultants.
– Working on central London schemes and with stakeholder engagement such as emergency services, highway authorities and project sponsors.
Benefits of becoming our Senior Engineer
Our people are our greatest asset and we will offer you a competitive salary with a vast range of benefits such as:
-Holiday that exceeds statutory limits
-Discretionary bonus scheme
-Contributory pension scheme
-Access to FM Conway’s active discounts on retailers, day trips, sport equipment and airport parking.
-Employee Assistant Programme
-Opportunity to study for formal qualifications
-Career & professional development.
-Vodafone discounts for you and your family.
-Car lease discounts for you and your family.
So if you would like to join the team then please click ‘apply’ today, we’d love to hear from you!
FM Conway are an equal opportunities employer who value a diverse and inclusive working environment. We do not discriminate and we recognise and embrace that people work in different ways.
We value alternative viewpoints, celebrate individuality and foster a culture where everyone feels respected for their individual contribution.