Part Creative. Part Business. Part Technology. One hundred per cent digital. At Deloitte Digital, we connect creativity with technology for business. Bringing empathy, ideas, and experience into digital transformation. Together with all of Deloitte, we create connections across the breadth of our people, organisation, and ecosystems to make an impact that matters to our clients and to society. We’re a new type of creative digital consultancy that fuses strategy, tech and design to identify where businesses need to be, then get them there. Fast. Want to help us shape the future? We’re looking for experienced practitioners from a consulting, design, tech or business background who can show our clients what’s next, then work with our mixed-discipline team to make it happen.
As part of our Consultancy practice, your career with Deloitte Digital can take multiple paths. Including: customer and channel strategy, customer experience design, designing new service capabilities and operations, mobile, online and contact centre technology solutions, and related technology and operational change programmes.
We embrace the strengths of diverse talent within our team. You may have a brilliant mind, be a confident communicator or a nerd for all things digital, or you may have an impeccable business instinct, a collaborative outlook and a flair for big ideas.
We encourage consideration of flexible ways of working, both formal and informal arrangements that allow for the best outcomes for our people and our clients. If this opportunity is of interest to you with some flexibility, please do discuss with us.
Are you looking to return to the workplace after an extended career break?
For this role we can offer coaching and support designed for returners to refresh your knowledge and skills, and help your transition back into the workplace after a career break of 2 years or more. If this is relevant for you, just let your recruiter know when you make your application.
We’re growing our digital team so we’re looking for people who are experienced in delivering transformation for our Government and Public Sector clients and through that, help our clients achieve better outcomes for citizens and employees. You are someone who is curious and bold in taking initiative, a good collaborator and empathetic people manager who can bring out the best in others and grow our business without compromising on quality, standards, integrity or culture.
Your specific responsibilities will include:
• Leading the delivery of digital projects within Transport, helping to transform the way Transport and Public Sector clients use technology.
• Shape and influence the agile methods, technology, team and budgets to deliver successfully from initial Discovery projects through to large, scaled Beta and Live phases.
• Build and coach delivery teams in Agile practices to achieve delivery outcomes on time and to budgets.
• Manage large and diverse teams within an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution.
• Cultivating client relationships and engaging with senior stakeholders on a range of programme and delivery management activities.
• Help set the vision for how the Transport industry gets the most from the Digital era.
Your work, your choice
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
Primarily London, Manchester or Bristol but we are happy to discuss other locations with you.
This is a permanent contract opportunity. The role can be worked on a full time basis. Our team members work a variety of agile working patterns. Tell us what arrangement works for you and we’ll try to accommodate.
Your professional experience
Overall, you’re an ideas person and problem solver as well as a hands-on doer – that’s important. You know it takes a mix of people to do amazing work, so you love collaborating with and learning from people with different skills, backgrounds and perspectives. If you have an interesting or unusual mix of skills yourself, even better.
• You will have experience of managing projects that build modern digital services and be ready to take on your next challenge.
• You will have a detailed understanding of Agile having built and managed Agile teams that successfully deliver, as well as coaching clients on adopting Agile methods.
One or more of the following would be desirable but not essential:
• Any experience or knowledge of the Transport industry and its unique challenges.
• Familiarity with the Service Standard and implementing projects in line with it, particularly having passed a service assessment.
• A technical background and understanding of a modern DevOps orientated SFDL and the Government Technology Code of Practice.
• Experience of combining user research and technical delivery to create systems that work for all users.
For a full job description please visit our online Deloitte Careers portal.
Requisition code: 4424