Lexington, KY, USA
• Helping entrepreneurs with overall business plan development and strategy.
• Helping entrepreneurs develop business strategies and mitigate risks around new products, services, and/or processes.
• Perform training workshops on a consistent basis
• Coaching entrepreneurs through launching new businesses and growing or diversifying mature businesses.
• Consulting on topics such as exporting, product development, raising capital, and federal contracting.
• Connecting clients to key resources for technical and financial support.
• Facilitating sessions to help entrepreneurs develop appropriate business models, business plans, financial projections, cash flow models, marketing plans, loan packaging, core processes, and customer relationships.
• Conducting market research and competitive analysis
• Identifying and contacting small and medium-sized businesses, assessing their needs, and proposing and delivering solutions to enhance and expand their businesses.
• Keeping up to date with current entrepreneurial trends, market opportunities and skills training. Possess an understanding of the entrepreneurial mind-set and the role entrepreneurial skills play in economic development.
• Delivering various services as required associated with federal programs and awards.
• Collaborating with other units of the host organization, the Kentucky SBDC and other Kentucky SBDC locations, partners, chambers of commerce, local economic development agencies and lenders.
• Building and maintaining close professional relationships with small businesses throughout Kentucky. Must be able to work collaboratively and effectively with partner organizations, including hosts, state and federal resource partners.
• Preference will be given to candidates with experience as entrepreneurs, in small start-up settings, or with experience advising new businesses through the startup process.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Contact small businesses to primarily promote the services of the Kentucky Small Business Development Center (SBDC).
• Identify market opportunities and assist in the development of business strategies.
• Develop new services based on demonstrated client needs.
• Maintain current records of client firms, proposals, project status, and timesheets using a PC-based customer relationship management system.
• Participate in meetings and events of small businesses in the areas served.