Morehead, KY 40351, USA
St. Claire HealthCare
The Ultrasound/Echo/Rad Tech performs age specific ultrasound procedures for the diagnosis and treatment of anatomic and physiologic disorders. Assists in supervising ancillary personnel. All competencies listed in the position description are based on a patient age population including infancy (birth to l year), toddler (1 to 3 years), pre-school (3-6 years), school age (6-12 years), adolescence (12 to 18 years), early adulthood (19 to 45 years), middle adult (45-59 years) late adult (61 to 79 years) and geriatric (80 years and up). The Ultrasound/Echo/Rad Tech is responsible to the Manager, Ultrasound Echo Nuc Med for core behavioral and technical competence. Direct technical supervision is provided by the Manager, Ultrasound Echo Nuc Med. Core behavioral supervision is provided by the Manager, Ultrasound Echo Nuc Med. Medical direction is provided by the Radiologist.
• Receives, informs, and prepares patients for ultrasound/echo procedures.
• Performs and assists with ultrasound/echo procedures ordered by the physician.
• Assumes responsibility for provision of physical and psychological needs of patients during ultrasound/echo procedures.
• Maintains necessary inventory of supplies and cleanliness for assigned work area.
• Processes ultrasound film and maintains quality control.
• Transports patients between departments.
• Performs departmental recordkeeping procedures.
• Assists in retrieval of radiology records.
• Demonstrates working knowledge of equipment within ultrasound/echo department.
• Demonstrates ability to perform all ultrasound/echo exams according to procedure.
On the job trained and/or ARDMS Registered or graduate from Ultrasound school preferred.
Graduate from Ultrasound school or on the job trained.
Current registry/or registry pending with the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists, RT(R), current radiation operator’s certification (general or temporary license) issued by the Commonwealth of Kentucky is required. Additional registry/registry eligible with the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARMDS) preferred. CPR required within thirty days of hire.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to finger, handle or feel. The employee is required to communicate effectively. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision for reading and computer work. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move more than 50 pounds.
The work environment described here is representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee works in an area with good lighting and climate control. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.hospitalcareers.com/job/3780431/ultrasound-echo-nuc-med-sonographer/→