London South East Colleges
Youth Hub Employer Engagement Coach / Advisor
Working across our Bromley, Bexley or Greenwich Park sites
London South East Colleges is a successful and award-winning college with sites across Bromley, Bexley, Orpington and Greenwich. We are passionate about helping our students to realise their potential and are determined to make a difference to our local communities through high-quality teaching and learning.
The COVID-19 pandemic has had a huge impact on young people in London, as well as the job opportunities available to them. In response to the rapid increase in unemployment in young adults, we have joined forces with Jobcentre Plus to create our Youth Hubs, which are based across our campus sites.
Our Youth Hubs will provide employment advice to 18 – 24 year olds, support them to identify and address barriers that are holding them back and access training opportunities.
We’re currently looking for a Youth Hub Employer Engagement Coach / Advisor to join us on a fixed-term contract until the 31st October 2021.
– Salary of £26,000 pro rata
– Generous annual leave scheme
– Excellent learning and development resources
– A range of family-friendly policies, including home working and flexible working options
– Interest-free loans for travel season tickets
– Free staff parking on main campus sites
– Enhance your experience with one of the region’s leading employers
If you have experience in the welfare-to-work industry, this is a great opportunity to support an ambitious programme that will make a real difference in our communities.
It is an incredibly uncertain time for many young people – the pandemic has transformed day-to-day life, put plans on hold and rapidly increased unemployment figures. We want young people to know that the future holds hope and opportunities to flourish.
You will have the chance to increase the opportunities available to young people and support them as they make that vital transition from the completion of training and qualifications into employment.
As a Youth Hub Employer Engagement Coach / Advisor, you will support the delivery of our high-quality Youth Hub programme in partnership with Jobcentre Plus.
Working alongside DWP Work Coaches and the College Skills Team, you will proactively engage with employers to increase the number of opportunities available to young people, whether that’s employment, apprenticeships, training or work experience placements.
Reporting to the Youth Hub Team Leader, you will:
– Recruit employers to maximise opportunities and interview prospects for programme participants
– Carry out initial assessment activities with young people, identify their individual learner support requirements and communicate these to colleagues
– Identify employment opportunities that are linked with the training and qualifications that we provide
– Build strong relationships with employers and promote the benefits of supporting the programme
– Maintain contact with young people and determined whether additional support is needed
To join us as a Youth Hub Employer Engagement Coach / Advisor, you will need:
– Experience in the welfare-to-work industry
– An understanding of government-funded work-based training and commercial products in the FE sector
– Knowledge of the DWP process, from initial contact to case loading
– Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
– A full driving licence and access to your own vehicle
Other organisations may call this role Employer Engagement Officer, Employment and Careers Advisor, Employment and Careers Programme Co-ordinator, Employment Programme Co-ordinator, or Employment Service Co-ordinator.
To support our commitment to equality and diversity, we are a member of the Network for Black Professionals and Equality and Diversity UK. We are also a Stonewall Partner and have recently signed up to the Mindful Employer Charter.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as a Youth Hub Employer Engagement Coach / Advisor, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Hours: full time