People join for the impact they can have on us. They stay for the impact we have on them. A flatter structure offers visibility and exposure beyond that of our competitors, so you know our names, and we know yours. It’s personable, human, and inspires success through passion. By encouraging open mindedness and a willingness to share ideas, we have adapted to market changes and thrived through innovation. Bringing words like “hard work” and “dedication” together with “community” and “respect” has enabled us to work collaboratively and build our future together. We call this Team Spirit and it’s what makes us different. It’s what makes you different.
Description of the Business Line or Department
The GBIS Finance Division (DFIN/GBI) is in charge of:
– Steering the financial and budgetary strategy of GBIS, and its investment and development policy;
– Measuring and analysing the profitability of the activities portfolio (clients, businesses, geographies) and the use of all resources (overheads, balance sheet, capital, liquidity, etc.)
– Certifying GBIS accounts (accounting quality, valuation methods, orders options, etc., regardless of the production centres, vis-à-vis DFIN, external auditors, regulators, etc.
– Ensuring the necessary support and the right level of expertise on the subjects of accounting standards, taxation, scarce resources and regulation.
Summary of the key purposes of the role
* Reporting to the SGIL Head of Product Accounting, you will be responsible of ensuring the P&L of SGIL, and the associated balance sheet is accurately reflected in the General Ledger.
* Assisting the SGIL DFIN Head of First Line of Defense in ensuring the accounting team have the appropriate controls in place.
* Provide support in monthly account closing across all the asset classes in SGIL.
* Perform Accounting P&L and balance sheet analysis and reporting to management and trading desks in SGIL (Cross Asset Financing, Treasury, Commodities and Prime Service).
Managing ad hoc requests from SGIL Finance Management and DFIN business partners (Front Office, IT, Operations, Risk)
Summary of responsibilities
* Developing analysis and controls over the product control framework of SGIL.
* Assist in new business developments and enhancements to industrialize the team production.
* Participating in projects to Change the Bank with impact in Finance department.
* Working with the first line of defense for SGIL DFIN to ensure appropriate controls are in place
Review and update of policies and procedures documentation
General knowledge/interest in the offerings of the Agency marketsHigher educational backgroundOrganizational skills: Time management & ability to deliver Good writing ability in Word & Powerpoint (drafting notes, reports, explanative papers …) Analytical & inquisitive mindset, open minded to change with the initiative to define and propose solutionsAbility to work under pressure, meet deadlines but also challenge requests & the approach to themAbility to work with the team members globally basedRelationship skills to build a good working relationship with business lines, OPER, ITEC plus other Finance Departments in London, Head Office, offshored teams & other control functions.Ability to think and act proactively displaying an entrepreneurial mindset and common sense Willingness to expand product knowledge base and develop new skillsets