Our client is looking for an Asset Operation Office to join their team in London.
Asset Operations is responsible for the safe operation and maintenance of the bus, highways, structures, tunnels, river piers, signals and road technology assets 24 hours-a-day, 365 days a year. They protect and encourage revenue generation from the assets; support the recovery of costs of damage to our operational assets by third parties; provide network intelligence for schemes. They also manage our contractors to deliver 24 hours-a-day asset operations across London to keep London moving.
As an Asset Operations Officer you will maintain good working relationships with the supply chain to deliver operational activities taking place in an allocated region on a day to day basis. You will ensure that the network assets are safe, fit for purpose, maintained to a consistent standard to keep London moving and will provide a comprehensive and customer focused service.
Surface Transport operates 24 hours per day, 7 days per week, so you need to be prepared to work outside of core office hours on an exceptional basis by mutual agreement. In these instances, Time-Off-In-Lieu (TOIL) will be applicable.
– Responsible for the day to day delivery of regional operations with, in house teams, suppliers and contractors to provide a cost effective responsive and resilient service
– Responsible for the protection and improvement of operational performance within the region to achieve specific scorecard objectives
– Responsible for asserting and discharging Asset Management Directorate’s statutory obligations as the Highway and Traffic Signals Authority and other relevant legal duties including health and safety legislation
– Responsible for maintaining day to day working relationships with stakeholders
– Provide operational input into schemes and project lifecycle to ensure good quality and efficient outputs
– Support the management of minor works and events by carrying out site checks on quality and quantity of works carried out for payment purposes
– Actively participate in open communication and knowledge sharing to build asset capability across the team
– Acquire a working knowledge of the regional network; taking a proactive attitude to managing risks, identify commercial opportunities and be able to respond appropriately, whilst seeking to enhance the customer experience
– Assist with the response to incidents and emergencies on the network to ensure safety, minimise disruption to customers and protect the assets
– Liaise with internal and external stakeholders, to provide a point of contact and attend on site as necessary
– The post holder may be required to be on call as part of a duty roster
– Stakeholder Engagement (Practitioner) (Essential)
– Health and Safety Management (Practitioner) (Essential)
– Information Management and Reporting (including Data) (Practitioner) (Essential)
– Incident Reporting and Investigation (Practitioner) (Essential)
– Understanding Customer Needs (Practitioner) – Customer Engagement (Practitioner) (Essential)
– Maintenance and Operations investment decision making (Operational Management) – (Awareness) (Essential)
– Contract Performance Management (Practitioner) (Desirable)
– Managing Resources (Practitioner) (Desirable)
– Business document production (includes Word processing, Spreadsheets and presentations) (Practitioner) (Desirable)
– Educated to GCSE standard or equivalent and / or qualification in a highways/asset management related subject (Essential)
– An awareness of statutory obligations and legal frameworks (including Health and Safety legislation) (Essential)
– Good working knowledge of one or more of Surface Transport assets and systems (Essential)
– An awareness of Principles and Practices of Asset management (Desirable)
– Knowledge of the London Wide Surface Transport Network (Desirable)
– Appreciation of the political landscape in London, including Boroughs and key influencers (Desirable)
– Experience of maintaining relationships and liaison with team members, customers and key stakeholders both internal and external (Essential)
– Experience of multiple IT systems, for example NAMS, SFM, or Workflow (Essential)
– Experience of delivering a high standard 24-7 operational asset management service (Essential)
– Experience of reacting and responding to events appropriately – working calmly under pressure (Essential)
– Experience of working remotely and/or with prearranged targets or goals (Essential)
– Understanding and experience of management and operation of a road network to meet highway and transport policy (Desirable)
If you feel that you are right for this job technically, but the salary, location or seniority does not suit you specifically then please still feel free to send us your CV. We constantly recruit for jobs very similar to this one at all levels UK Wide. We are always keen to chat with you discreetly about your employment situation.
Even if you are happy in your current job for now, we always welcome calls from Civil Engineering professionals keen to make their introductions for future months or years. Our specialist team has a combined 70+ years’ experience in this market. Please call Adam Butler at Carrington West on (phone number removed) for more information.
By applying for this position, you are agreeing for Carrington West to hold and process your personal data in accordance to our Data Protection Policy. Your data will be shared with third party clients specifically relevant to any roles you have applied for. If at any stage, you wish to withdraw your consent please contact us