About this role
Are you interested in building innovative technology that shapes the financial markets? Do you like working at the speed of a start-up, and tackling some of the world’s most interesting challenges? Do you want to work with, and learn from, hands-on leaders in technology and finance?
You want to work in a culture of openness, inclusion, and proactive engagement at all levels. You are looking for a firm that recognizes that strength comes from diversity, but inclusion comes naturally. You are looking for a team who will embrace your skills, curiosity, and passion to experiment while also giving you the opportunity to grow both technically and as an individual through experience and education.
You want to work for a company that prides itself for putting its clients, employees, and community first, while recognizing that technology drives everything we do.
Business Unit Overview
Being a technologist at BlackRock means you get the best of both worlds: working for one of the most advanced financial companies and being part of a software development team responsible for next generation technology and solutions.
The Aladdin Product Engineering (APG) Post Trade and Accounting team is responsible for design, development and support of software used by BlackRock and BlackRock Solution clients for post-trade workflows. The Regulatory Technology team’s responsibilities include development of Aladdin’s regulatory calculations, reporting, surveillance, and core compliance capabilities. We are a global team with developers based in New York, London, Budapest, and Gurgaon.
The Regulatory Technology (RegTech) team is responsible for the development and expansion of the platforms that serve our Regulatory Operations and L&C functions. We are building new best in class products in the Regulatory Reporting and Regulatory Surveillance area to deliver on BlackRock’s complex regulatory commitments, as well as creating solutions for our BRS clients. We are also responsible for the build out of complex calculators to handle the computation of transaction costs and capital adequacy risk scores. Some of the key regulations covered by RegTech includes : MiFID, Form ADV, SFTR, EMIR, MAR, Solvency II, RBC reporting etc.. We leverage many open source technologies for building distributed, resilient and highly scalable systems.
• Understand the business you support, and work closely with users to design, develop & create innovative solutions
• Work closely with stakeholders, UX designers, engineers, and product managers to translate imaginative designs into working prototypes
• Solve complex problems in an ever-changing environment, with a focus on process optimization, data, and technology.
• Foster strong relationships with your colleagues and clients based on a culture of collaboration and service
• Operate in a fast-paced, high-intensity environment and work as part of a global team
• A degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related discipline
• Good hands-on (4+ years) object-oriented programming experience in Java, Spring, Python…etc
• Experience writing high-quality code with fully automated unit test coverage (Junit, Mockito, etc.)
• Experience developing large-scale, microservice based, distributed software systems and streaming systems using open-source distributed frameworks
• Working experience with various CI/CD systems and build tools (ant, maven, gradle, etc.)
• Working experience with data platforms (relational and/or NoSQL) and messaging technologies
• Working experience with MVC frameworks like Spring, etc.
• Working experience with web-services and APIs (REST, gRPC)
• Excellent OOPs, data structure, and algorithm knowledge
• Working experience with LINUX/UNIX environment and shell scripts
• Experience of working in Agile Development Team and Methodologies (Agile ceremonies, Engineering metrics)
Nice to have
• Experience with cloud native development (Kubernetes, Docker) and Cloud Platform like Microsoft Azure
• Experience with big data/data warehouses such as Snowflake
• Distributed computing technologies such as Apache Ignite
• Experience working with regulatory implementations
• Experience working with highly scalable reporting architecture
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about.
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children’s educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment – the one we make in our employees. It’s why we’re dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | | | | LinkedIn:
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.