Do you have experience of working in a school office in an administrative capacity? Could you help to achieve a school mission to improve results through increasing and monitoring attendance? Then we could have the job for you!
Here at Tradewind recruitment we are currently recruiting for an experienced school attendance officer to work term-time only, 35 hours per week, at a Secondary school within the borough of Ealing.
This exciting position is available from September 2020, for 1 term initially with a strong possibility of this being extended.
The successful candidate MUST have a working knowledge of the School Information Management System (SIMS), with previous experience of working in an educational establishment, as you will be expected to hit the ground running and deliver a high standard of work in a fast-paced environment. The role requires an immediate start; due to the nature of the immediate start, the successful candidate must have an enhanced DBS on the update service to be considered for the role.
As the successful applicant you will be:
· Establishing reasons for pupil absence on a daily basis
· Handling face to face and telephone conversations with pupils, parents and external agencies relating to attendance matters
· Reporting to the senior leadership team with analysis of attendance data and results to targets
· Attending meetings, minuting and typing up reports
· Ensuring school compliance with statutory requirements
· Photocopying, post, filing and general administrative support within the school office
· NB This role is office-based and does not involve leaving school premises to visit pupils or parents in their home environment
To be considered for this role you must have:
· Excellent administrative and ICT skills, including attention to detail on data entry work, and the ability to multi-task
· Previous experience of working in a school environment
· SIMS experience (particularly the attendance module) gained from working in a school, voluntarily or paid, as well as experience with Microsoft Office applications such as Word and Excel
· A qualification in Business Administration would be an advantage but is not essential
· Effective communication skills, particularly a good written standard of English
· The ability to work with high levels of tact, confidentiality and discretion
· A patient approach towards working with children and adults alike
By registering with Tradewind, we can offer you:
* We attract top education talent and in return offer top rates of pay
* We care about your training and development more than any other agency – which is why we can offer you more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, 25 to be exact! That’s 18 more than our next nearest competitor
* Great referral scheme – recommend a friend and earn up to *£100
* Full interview preparation and assistance – so you’re fully prepped and confident, increasing your chances of success
* Help with lesson planning – our support doesn’t stop once we’ve secured you a placement
* Online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability
* Free social and networking events to get to know your peers and consultants
To join us and be successful for the Attendance Officer position you will need to:
* Have or be willing to apply for an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) and professional reference check.
* Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and any employment breaks must be explained
* You must have the legal right to work in the UK
Click ‘Apply now’ to be considered for this position in Ealing. For more information about the role, contact Seema Parbat on (phone number removed) / (url removed)
We look forward to hearing from you and helping take you on the next step of your teaching career.
Tradewind Recruitment is a Sunday Times Top 100 employer – stopping at nothing to ensure our candidates, clients and employees come first. At Tradewind you will have access to 25 fully certified CPD courses, that’s 18 more than our next nearest competitor, all focused on making you the best you can be. We have the very best people available to take your call and look after you every step of the way. We pride ourselves on exceptional service and take the time to really get to know you. Put simply; we listen, we learn, we deliver. Why? Because our people matter most.
We specialise in matching Teachers and Support Staff to their dream job, and help Primary, Secondary and SEN schools recruit for a wide range of roles across our 11 offices in the UK, including: London, the West Midlands, the North West, East Anglia, the North East, the South West, Yorkshire, the Midlands, Herts and Bucks.
Awarded REC Audited Education gold standard – Tradewind Recruitment are committed to Safeguarding and are also a proud Equal Opportunities Employer