High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire
We have roles nationally for Auditors – please apply if you are happy to work remotely, can drive and seek a career within Auditing,….
BM TRADA, part of the Element Group, has an opportunity for a Chain of Custody Auditor to join our growing team! This is a great opportunity to join one of the fastest growing companies in the Testing, Inspection and Certification sector. BM TRADA exists to help make certain that the materials, products and processes that we test, inspect and certify for our customers are always safe, quality, compliant and fit for purpose.
* To develop a deep understanding of the requirements of the Chain of Custody and Supply Chain schemes operated by BM TRADA
* To undertake technical reviews of Chain of Custody / Supply Chain audit reports
* To identify opportunities for improvement of technical scheme knowledge and understanding of schemes through the audit report reviews
* To support the development of in-house training to improve technical scheme knowledge across audit teams in all BM TRADA offices globally
* To undertake Chain of Custody / Supply Chain audits and associated reporting
* To provide technical Chain of Custody / Supply Chain support to operational colleagues
* To provide Chain of Custody and Supply Chain training/mentoring to all parts of the business as required
* To maintain professional status and CPD requirements in accordance with accreditation and business requirements and to develop new audit and product skills as required and requested
* To maintain currency of knowledge of the industry sectors that BM TRADA operates in
* To undertake any other duties as assigned by the Head of Audit Resources
* To always operate in accordance with Element’s Purpose, Mission, Vision and Values
* Educated to degree standard or equivalent preferably in a forest based or related discipline
* Significant industrial experience in a timber, paper, construction or related industry
* Experience with auditing & certification is desirable but not essential as full training will be provided.
* Professional and confident approach
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills – both written and oral
* Confident, outgoing and diplomatic, yet firm as necessary along with strong influencing skills
* Customer focused, develop strong working relationships
* Ability to take ownership of clients and manage issues to a successful conclusion
* Ability to work to strict deadlines and under pressure
* Positive and effective team player
* Prepared to take on additional challenges as and when they are identified
* Good IT skills and knowledge of systems
* Competent with MS Office applications: in particular MS Excel – to intermediate level
* Ability and willingness to travel, occasionally overseas, with overnight stays
We have remote roles in London, Kent, Midlands, Basingstoke, Reading, Swindon, Birmingham, Sheffield, Northampton and other locations.
PLEASE NOTE THAT WHEN APPLYING YOU WILL BE DIRECTED TO OUR CAREERS PORTAL TO CREATE AN ACCOUNT TO COMPLETE YOUR APPLICATION PROCESS