TSR Education Ltd
Do you have experience working with young people who have challenging behaviour, as well as other Social, Emotional, and Mental Health needs?
* Are you looking for a career where you get to work with young people and make a real and positive difference in their lives?
* Do you have experience tutoring English?
A small powerhouse School, based in South Croydon are looking for a reliable and committed Teaching Assistant to join their team on a full-time and long-term basis.
* Salary: £18,000.00 – £22,000.00 per annum
* Role: Behaviour and English Literacy Teaching Assistant
* Start: ASAP (After Completing Vetting)
This is an all-boys School which caters to secondary-aged learners (11-16 years) with big hearts and colourful personalities. All of the learners who attend this school have social, emotional, and mental health needs, and each learner has an ECHP.
The School aims to create, adapt, and implement functional curricula that are necessary to meet the diverse needs of their learners in their care, in order to increase their current and future independence.
Key Responsibilities of the Role:
* To play a part in delivering English Literacy lessons to both individual and groups of pupils
* To make a significant contribution to the planning and preparation of learning activities for specified individuals or groups of learners
* To contribute to effective team practice by attending and participating in planned in-service training
* To promote the inclusion of all pupils within the classroom and being aware of different pupil’s specific needs.
* To understand and respond positively to the physical, emotional, and /or behavioural needs of the pupils, and to encourage participation and independence
* To promote and reinforce School policies, practices, and procedures, including an understanding of child protection and health and safety responsibilities
All the students at the School have an Education, Health and Care Plan, and therefore you will work 1:1 with specific learners, ensuring that these plans are being implemented effectively. You will also assist the class teachers, as and when directed, however the School encourage their staff to take initiative to ensure that the learners are engaged and kept on task.
We are looking for Teaching Assistants who will:
* Be pro-active and be able to use own initiative;
* Provide support for learners who may need additional help to work through difficult experiences they may have, such as bereavement;
* Have excellent behaviour management skills;
* Be able to encourage the learners to become more aware of and better manage their feelings and behaviour, or to reflect on how they relate to others;
* Have experience supporting young people with challenging behaviour, and Special Educational Needs;
* Team Teach/PRICE/TEACCH/Restraint training/qualifications will be highly advantageous
What you need:
* Possess an Enhanced Child Workforce DBS with an Update Service subscription, or demonstrate the willingness to apply for one (we can facilitate this)
* Possess an updated CV, outlining paid employment covering the last two years – any gaps in employment must be accounted for.
* Be based in London, or surrounding areas, and able to provide a valid police check from countries you have lived in (outside of the UK) within the last 5 years.
If you are ready to jump into your next career opportunity that is extremely rewarding, and fit the above-mentioned criteria, then APPLY NOW via the website, or contact Carla on (phone number removed) at The Supply Room.
The Supply Room is a London based Education Recruitment Agency for aspiring teachers and support staff. We specialise in matching Teachers and Support Staff to their dream job, aiming to provide teachers with a rewarding and enjoyable role in the education sector while providing schools with an excellent service and with staff they can be proud of