Sky News is looking for experienced, engaged and creative ENG camera operator/editor to be based in London, who are keen to regularly combine these skills and travel throughout the UK and abroad, including to hostile environments, as part of a team of fellow journalists.
• Cover a wide variety of news stories in London, the UK and abroad, often at short-notice and at times on your own.
• Be part of a clear and equally shared priority system with regards to teams responding to breaking news.
• Be at the heart of the creative and editorial process.
• Operate current ENG news cameras and field editing systems.
• Operate bonded, IP technologies to deliver LIVE and recorded video content from the field.
• Be responsible for ENG camera, sound and personal broadcast equipment including the use of company pool vehicles when required.
• Experience operating a range of ENG camera equipment
• Demonstrable knowledge of ADOBE non-linear field editing systems
• Experience operating transmission equipment for all newsgathering purposes ie LiveU’s etc
• Experience in delivering a wide variety of raw and edited news content for all platforms, when under pressure of tight deadlines and challenging environments.
• Be able to demonstrate a strong sense of how news works for online platforms including Facebook / Twitter / Sky News Mobile App.
• A full drivers licence and valid passport
So, what are you waiting for? Apply now for a chance to forge your own career path and be brilliant as part of a bright, talented team.
We’re Sky, Europe’s biggest entertainment brand. Think top-quality shows. Breaking news. Innovative tech. Must-have products. Careers here mean the freedom and support you need to make an impact – pushing boundaries, creating solutions, hitting targets. And as part of our close-knit team, you’ll enjoy plenty of benefits. Plus, experiences you’ll only find at Sky.
Sky Q, a generous pension, 25 days paid annual leave and private health care. Access to over 12,000 LinkedIn Learning courses to support your development. And if that’s not enough, our award-winning Osterley campus boasts six subsidised restaurants, a cinema, gym, and much more.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeatSky on LinkedIn, Twitter or Instagram.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions, we might withdraw the offer.
We’re happy to discuss flexible working.
It’s our people that make Sky Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.