Advert Closing Date:
Salary:up to £27,000 Per annum
Location:Edgware, HA8 9PU
We are currently recruiting a Chef Manager to lead the team at one of our flagship contracts.
A care home situated in the desirable area of London, if you have experience in contract catering with a passion for great home-cooked food please reach out to find out more.
In line with government legislation it is a requirement of the role for all colleagues aged 18 or over and working in care homes to be vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have a medical exemption. You will be asked to provide evidence that you have had a full course of the COVID-19 vaccination, or declare that you have a medical exemption.
Your key responsibilities as the Chef Manager will consist of:
– Lead Heads of Departments to ensure proactive management of teams on site
– Accountable for recruiting, inducting, training and supporting staff to deliver an efficient, high-quality service to Elior UK, our customers and clients
– Motivating and managing a team
– Controlling and managing a budget
– Accountable for ensuring ongoing team communications, including building internal and external relationships, management reporting and client liaison to enable operational excellence
– Accountable for maintaining, ordering and controlling food stocks within budget
– Engage with clients, customers and residents
– Accountable for COSHH, Food Safety, H&S, legal regulations, environmental policies and duty of care to customers and colleagues
Working Pattern: 5 days out of 7
Skills and Experience
The experience and knowledge we are looking for from the future Chef Manager include:
– Proven experience of successfully managing a team
– Genuine interest in customer service excellence
– A strong team player
– Highly confident and positive
– Self-motivated and able to work well unsupervised
– Proactive with a ‘can do’ attitude
– Contract Catering experience desirable
As part of your package, we are offering a salary up to £27,000 per annum, depending on experience.
This role also comes with a workplace pension and 28 days holiday pro-rata (including Bank Holidays). You can also purchase up to 5 additional days annual leave.
Why it’s Great to Work for Us
Elior UK has been recognised for a variety of awards such as CSR and chef development programmes which demonstrate the passion and creativity of our great team.
For all our colleagues we offer a range of discounts such as EE mobile contracts, Nissan vehicles, and lots more offers on leisure and entertainment, gyms and restaurants.
We focus on our colleagues and hold an annual Elior Award event, issue rewards for recognition every month plus deliver a varied portfolio of development programmes. We offer additional leave for charity work and provide a Colleague Support Programme for health & wellbeing advice.
Elior foster and believe in a diverse workplace, free from discrimination, which leads to an enjoyable and supportive environment.
Elior UK is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults at risk and requires all of its colleagues to demonstrate this commitment in every aspect of their work.
All you need is an updated CV and cover letter, we’ll do the rest.
Facebook: Elior Careers Instagram: elior_uk
Any internal colleagues applying for this role, please be advised that new terms and conditions will apply.
This role sits within our Health & Care division – catering for those in care homes, independent living villages and the NHS. Making a difference to local people across the UK, our Caterplus division prides itself on crafting superb environments for the over 55 community. By contributing to our customer’s social life and fostering friendships, our quality and locally sourced food is matched only by the warmth of our customer service.
At Elior we’re enriching lives, everywhere, every day. Feeding children in schools, loved ones in hospitals and care homes, sports fans in stadiums, visitors in heritage sites and teams in the workplace.
We are a multi-award-winning global player in the hospitality sector, founded in 1991 with over 105,000 colleagues worldwide, serving over 4 million guests every day. In the UK, our dedicated team serve our customers across 1200 locations.
Because of our success and stability, we can offer you excellent career opportunities where you will be nurtured and supported to fulfil your potential. We are renowned for looking after our people, with 87% of our colleagues feeling proud to work with us, and we are committed to delivering delicious and healthy food, which is ethically sourced.
And we’re committed to looking after the planet, supporting the community, cutting food waste and supporting wellbeing. We’ve lots to shout about with our strong and united approach in tackling many important global sustainability issues.
Interested? Click the ‘Apply for Vacancy’ button at the top of this advert.