Willmott Dixon are currently looking to recruit a Content Creator to join our London & East construction business. Based in Hitchin, Hertfordshire, we deliver projects across multiple sectors within north London, the northern home counties and East Anglia. This role is essentially responsible for generating content and for writing / producing stories / reports for all departments within the business.
This role would suit someone with a journalistic skillset and focus, we are looking for a self-starter who is able to work to short fixed deadlines as well as delivering on longer term projects. The ability to self-manage and prioritise your workload is essential. The Content Creator will be required to gather evidence, suggest stories and craft outputs as guided by a commissioning team*. All articles and publications will need to be compelling to catch the readers interest and articles will need to be tailored as appropriate for the audience they are being delivered to.
Some of the duties / responsibilities within the role includes: –
* Being able to interview any person in Willmott Dixon or connected to our works for the purpose of creating:
– Detailed case studies for bids.
– Case studies to highlight our activities and progress on our Now or Never sustainability strategy.
– Light touch case studies for all marketing activities.
– Reports for internal learning and engagement.
– Stories relating to good news and best practice highlights.
– Written content for social media.
– Stories to be technical, human related, covering all aspects of work.
* Stories to be about projects, processes and people
* Ability to able to spot the story and ensure all questioning is open.
* Producing stories and studies as defined by the commissioning team*
* Using initiative in order to identify and gather stories without need for prompting.
* Undertaking face to face and virtual interviews.
* Reading internal reports and customer briefing notes to identify stories, trends and themes.
* Crafting word content or stories.
* Using pre-agreed publishing templates unless otherwise directed.
* Advising on any further graphics and images to support a story.
* Capturing photos and videos for the purposes of enhancing a story (this will not replace the use of professional graphics, photographers or film-makers).
Guidance will be produced on what imagery you would be expected to capture. The Content Creator may need to generate their own layouts from time to time.
*commissioning panel This will comprise Communications/Marketing Manager, Preconstruction Manager (Bids) and Company New Business Manager. The commissioning panel will agree on stories, projects and timescales for the Content Creator, the panel is responsible for ensuring content production is reasonably balanced for the needs of all departments.
* Strong written language skills
* Excellent communication skills
* Experience of using Microsoft Office
* Creating engaging content
* Organised and methodical
* Relevant degree or equivalent qualification / work experience
* Full membership of relevant professional body
* Experience with desktop publishing software (InDesign highly desirable)
Willmott Dixon embraces diversity in the workplace and will consider flexible and agile working. We are a disability confident employer.
Benefits: In return we reward our people generously with a competitive package that gives you flexible benefits to fit your lifestyle and priorities. This includes but is not limited to, an enhanced pension scheme, full / heavily discounted private medical, life assurance, incentive bonus and a car scheme which will make us a market leader in sustainable company travel. Applicable roles will benefit from a motoring expenditure allowance (MEA) and everyone can access a new generation of low carbon and electric cars via the Willmott Dixon run car leasing scheme.
About Us With nearly 170 years of rich history, Willmott Dixon’s purpose beyond profit is to deliver brilliant buildings, transform lives, strengthen communities, and enhance the environment so our world is fit for future generations. Ensuring that we add lasting value to the neighbourhoods we work in; our values, people, innovation, partnerships and focus on sustainability has allowed us to build a successful and trusted privately owned business where our people can thrive.
Construction is changing and we are at the forefront of that change. Pioneering new ways to build, innovating the way construction is viewed and establishing ourselves as one of the top employers in any industry. It truly is an amazing company in one of the most exciting industries with a vast array of professional career paths.
We hold two Queen’s Awards for Enterprise (for Sustainable Development and Social Mobility) and hold numerous people awards, we understand everyone has a unique potential and ability to make a difference and succeed; if you want your skills developed and talent recognised, why not join our business!