Title Contracts and Commercial Consultant Category Legal Affairs City London, England – London, United Kingdom Job Description Contracts and Commercial Consultant
If you are looking for a challenge that stretches your talents and you want to make a real difference in people’s lives, come and lead our work supporting the digital transformation of the UK. We are looking for a contracts and commercial consultant to work with high profile clients, delivering improvements to complex contracts.
We are looking for a Contracts and Commercial Consultant who will be supporting a Senior Commercial Manager for pre-contract commercial management and commitment management and commercial / subcontract management issues across a portfolio of contracts.
Alongside a competitive salary, we offer you access to our share scheme (3% + 3% matching) making you a member not just an employee. You also have the option to benefit from private medical and dental insurance, flexible retirement options, childcare vouchers and a cycle to work scheme.
As for the future? We work as one team, and are a Top 100 employer. Be a successful part of our story and we will support you in taking your career anywhere you want it to go.
Your future duties and responsibilities
• Understand, agree and deliver against the Terms of Reference for their role;
• Effectively negotiate with smaller clients and subcontractors, identifying and mitigating key every day commercial risks;
• Identifying and using the correct contract type for day to day client and subcontractor business; and
• Providing effective support to bids and contracts, with guidance from more senior members of the Contracts and Commercial team.
• Ability to exert positive influence over both ‘internal’ and ‘external’ clients and subcontractor in negotiation situations.
• Supports the Senior Commercial Manager with the commitment management of one or more complex high value programmes
• Plans, schedules, monitors and reports against completion of commercial tasks.
• Has the ability to understand risks and suggest appropriate mitigations to their manager whilst reviewing contracts in line with company guidelines.
• Identifies areas where senior management support and/or intervention is required.
• Works effectively across multiple supply channels (e.g. internal, client, subcontractors and partners).
• Identifies the potential for a contractual disputes and seeks support in preventing a dispute occurring.
• Ensures that the contract records are kept up to date.
• Takes preventive actions as appropriate; raises issues with their Senior Commercial Manager.
• Understands and applies standards and best practice.
• Under guidance from the Senior Commercial Manager will support opportunities to grow any account they are involved in, including extensions to the existing engagement and new business.
• Understands Customer feedback and assists in improving client satisfaction and experience.
• Shares knowledge of the contract with wider team to foster commercial awareness.
• Works collaboratively and cooperatively with other members of the team.
• Provides guidance and support to Foundation and Level 1 Contracts and Commercial members.
• Demonstrate commercial innovation;
• Support the Commercial manager to develop and implements negotiation strategies to maximise the outcome for CGI for issues within their remit
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
The ideal person for this role will have a few years’ experience in an equivalent industry with a track record of having managed a variety of different contracts. Experience of working within a consultancy environment or an IT managed services business is highly desirable. An understanding of pre-sales and winning bids is highly desirable too.
You must have a Degree Level Education (Preferably in Legal/Business/Finance related discipline) and it would be highly desirable if you have a relevant professional membership such as IACCM CCME. A thorough understanding of contract law is essential.
You must have a professional approach to everything you do, and must be confident and capable of challenging situations with clients and subcontractors. You will ideally be direct but diplomatic with the ability to say “no” without causing offence. You must be calm under pressure, and a team player with good negotiating skills. You must be resilient and able to manage pressurized situations and multiple bits of work at different stages.
This role can be based out of either our London or Milton Keynes office, but you will be required to have a flexible attitude towards travel.
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change-supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.