American Express Global Business Travel
American Express Global Business Travel (GBT) is recruiting for multiple Travel Counselor roles across the UK.
*** Roles are office based, virtual or a mixture of working in an office and from home ***
American Express Global Business Travel (GBT) equips companies of all sizes with the insights, tools, services and expertise they need to keep their travellers informed, focused and productive while on the road. With approximately 16,000 employees and operations in nearly 140 countries worldwide, American Express GBT empowers customers to take control of their travel programs, optimizing the return on their travel and meetings investments, while, more importantly, providing extraordinary traveller care.
We’re moving faster than ever and introducing new products, services, and strategies that will revolutionize the travel industry and bring greater value to our business customers. Our clients’ success expands our success, so we put our heart and soul into helping our clients achieve results that exceed all expectations. As the world’s largest travel management company, we are continuing to build alliances with key travel leaders and suppliers throughout the world, strengthening our position as a quality provider to companies of all sizes. Get ready to make impressions that will last.
Positioned at the intersection of commerce and travel, American Express GBT offers its customers a comprehensive network, service dependability and deep insight to help move people and businesses forward. These innovative offerings enable customers to optimize the return on their travel and meetings investments. To find out more, visit:
We have an exciting opportunity for various high performing Business Travel Consultants to join our UK team. These positions are primarily responsible for making all General Travel Reservations for our valued customers. This is a full-time permanent position and we offer the option to work in the following locations: London, Manchester, Liverpool, Glasgow or Virtual Location.
• To act as primary contact for customers by handling all incoming service requests for UK Travelers via the telephone.
• To complete reservations at the point of sale where possible, accurately and efficiently.
• To provide excellent customer service and exceed expectations at all times.
• To support other areas of the team as/when required.
• Ensure the compliance to client and company policy as well as adhere to strict deadlines/service levels.
• Providing a global service to the client by liaising with colleagues in other GBT offices when required.
• Ability to deliver excellent customer service through professional communication to a client base with very high expectations.
• Strong GDS skills (Amadeus, Sabre or Galileo).
• Be an articulate communicator, both verbal and written.
• Be a creative thinker and problem solver.
• Be able to work independently and multi-task.
• Strong organisational and prioritising skills.
• Ability to develop great relationships with bookers/travellers and Suppliers.
• A variety of hours are available including standard 9am to 5.30pm, part-time and shift work between the hours of 6am and 7pm.
We offer a highly competitive rewards and benefits package including but not limited to:
• Healthcare scheme.
• Dental scheme.
• Life assurance.
• Season ticket travel loan.
• Competitive pension scheme.
• Exclusive discounts and a perks at work scheme.
• Recognition platform with a monetary value.
• The opportunity to buy or sell holiday.
• Career development and opportunit
It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals based on job-related qualifications and ability to perform a job, without regard to age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran status, citizenship or marital status, and to maintain a non-discriminatory environment free from intimidation, harassment or bias based upon these grounds.
American Express Global Business Travel (GBT) is the world’s leading business partner for managed travel. We help companies and employees prosper by making sure travelers are present where and when it matters. We keep global business moving with the powerful backing of 16,000 travel professionals in more than 140 countries. Companies of all sizes, and in all places, rely on GBT to provide travel management services, organize meetings and events, and deliver business travel consulting.