Join us as a Data Coverage Analyst with the Home Office
(London, Full-time, Permanent)
**Applicants must come from a Mobile Communications background **
At Capita, we support clients across a range of sectors, including local Government, central Government, education, transport, health, life and pensions, insurance and other private sector organisations. We support with expertise applied by the talent across our business in combination with technology, insight and analytics to keep our clients ahead of change, sharper than competitors and more efficient than ever – and we always need new talent to help us achieve our goals.
We are currently recruiting for interesting and exciting positions at the Home Office. The Home Office keeps the UK secure and prosperous; protects its citizens, residents and visitors and their property; and upholds rights, liberties and the rule of law. Leading on immigration and passports, drugs policy, crime and fire policy, counterterrorism and work to ensure visible, responsive and accountable policing in the UK.
Britain’s emergency services work 24/7 to serve the public in some of the most dangerous and challenging situations. To help them do their job even better the ESMCP programme is creating the next generation mobile communications network, including secure and resilient voice and broadband data services, which will be used by thousands of front-line police officers, paramedics and fire-fighters.
This new Emergency Services Network (ESN) will transform how our blue-light services respond to incidents, offering better mobile coverage, leading to faster response times. ESN will allow emergency service professionals to work together more efficiently and effectively when incidents and accidents occur by sharing data across the new digital network. The new network is dynamic and can take advantage of new technology as it develops, making sure that those doing the vital job of protecting the public and saving lives get the best and most modern communications tools available.
ESMCP is a pan-government, cross departmental, programme based within the Home Office. The programme has representation from the emergency services at both operational and departmental levels and has close working involvement from the suppliers of the ESN technology. This is an exciting programme, delivering cutting edge technology which will directly impact people’s lives.
The role holder will support the regional delivery of ESN. ESN coverage will be delivered in a way that supports incremental capability. The role holder will carry out analytics to identify the various streams of coverage such as: Service probability of vehicle coverage on roads, Service probability of handheld coverage on road, Service probability of handheld coverage off road. Service probability of inbuilding coverage, Service probability of marine coverage.
The role holder will carry out 4G coverage assessments based on known MNO not spots, to identify and assess 4G coverage gains to commercial users.
The role holder to provide transmission expertise for 4G LTE service at ESN specific locations, Extended Area Services (EAS), Air 2 Ground(A2G) site locations proposed in the radio design. The role holder will factor in Transmission solutions including but not limited to: Satellite, Microwave (MW), copper and fibre Leased Lines. The role holder will factor in end to end transmission requirements including capacity from ESN site to remote hub end.
The role holder will dimension the transmission link design and work with Ofcom to obtain the licences required to enable the clusters. Where MW backhaul and or Leased lines are not a cost viable option the use of Satellite comms is the fall-back option.
* Carry out coverage assessments geographically and or point to point on various workstreams and at contractual link budget thresholds.
* MW radio network design point to point and point to multiple point where required from EAS/A2G or other ESN specific infrastructure to Hub site/s (To include capacity / availability)
* Perform desktop LOS for multiple hops
* Work with SWC’s to schedule LOS surveys and drive to successful completion of Link LOS
* Link Design, Interference, frequency planning and production of licence applications and link orders
* Work with both Lot 3 client and MW TX SWC’s to drive link installation
* Work with BT / SWC’s to progress Hub LL upgrades if required
* Provide and maintain End to End TX Backhaul Plan, both Forecast and Actual
* Review / Sign MW TX elements of drawings / handover documentation
* Planning of Satellite backhaul solutions ensuring that capacity and latency are within customer specifications
Key Experiences and Qualifications:
* Strong track record in assessing coverage in a mobile operator environment.
* Minimum of 5 years working for a commercial mobile operator.
* Microwave planning or design experience with a major vendor or operator
* Excellent analytical and good understanding of Microwave and Fibre interworking
* Strong stakeholder engagement skills and the ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical people
* Experienced in using industry standard MW planning / Design tools
* Proven track record of delivery of transmission links end to end using multiple vendors
* Working knowledge of EE and or MBNL Network
* Planning / Design experience of satellite backhaul options
* Experience in MW planning in rural areas
* Degree/HNC level qualification
* Experienced in delivering Government lead projects
* ITIL/Prince 2 foundation level knowledge
Key Competences and Behaviours:
* Seeing the “Big Picture”
* Delivering at Pace
* Making Effective Decisions
Please note, successful candidates will be expected to go through vetting and Security Clearance
We look forward to hearing from you and wish you the very best of luck with your application…… click apply for full job details