Our client is a leading International law firm and a long-standing, valued client of Totum. It has recently created a new role for a Diversity and Inclusion Manager to join its Human Resources team. The role can be located in any of its UK offices (London, Manchester, Sheffield and Birmingham) and will have a global remit. The role will report into the Head of HR Business Partnering who is based in London.
This critical role will contribute to setting the direction of and delivering the Firm’s policies, working with the Regional Diversity and Inclusion Advisory Groups and the Global Diversity and Inclusion Advisory Group. It will also provide guidance and subject matter expertise on all aspects of diversity and inclusion.
Other specific responsibilities include:
· Ensuring that diversity and inclusion compliance and reporting is in place and operates effectively
· Working with the recruitment team to review our recruitment practices regularly to ensure the Firm attracts candidates from a broad range of backgrounds
· Reviewing diversity and inclusion training on an ongoing basis to ensure it is effective and delivers a message that aligns with the firm’s values
· Contributing to the design of training programmes to ensure that they develop inclusive behaviours for everyone
· Coaching and building capability within the partnership on the approach and response to diversity and inclusion plans
· Working across all business service functions to ensure all are aligned on diversity and inclusion matters
· Using data and analytics to measure the effectiveness of the approach and understanding and communicating areas where further improvement is desirable
· Being an ambassador for diversity and inclusion and representing the Firm internally and externally in that role
· Building relationships and forming alliances with clients and external counterparts to identify innovations and opportunities to collaborate together and bringing learning back to the Firm
Suitable candidates will have an excellent understanding of diversity and inclusion from a global perspective and be diversity & inclusion subject matter experts with experience of building successful relationships at all levels across a business. They will also have a track record of implementing diversity and inclusion initiatives that have resulted in measurable changes within an organisation. Experience of professional services, financial services or similar environment is preferred.
Follow us on LinkedIn or visit our website for insights and market trends…… click apply for full job details