Ardmore Group are seeking a Drylining Manager to join our team and contribute to the completion of our prestigious site Battersea
Construction experience is vital along with knowledge of all QA systems Field-view or similar, along with High levels of Health and safety on site, SMSTS, Fist aid Trained along with excellent Written and Verbal Sills a must.
Key Responsibilities & Duties:
· Review the construction programme /updating works tracker programme, make your comments against it, read the ERs and familiarize yourself with the project, requirements, the specifications and the project drawings.
· Understand who the sub-contractors are, making sure they all have a manager who is competent and who understands drawings specification and can read them and implement them on site.
· Review their contract and ensure that they meet the requirements of their appointment in the Part 1 and Part 2. Identify long lead in items, and place order accurately and on-time. Coordinate with all other managers on your building regarding services and the like, preparation of the take-off list for drylining package to monitor requirement on site.
· Allocate the work correctly and efficiently with the sub-contractors, make sure they sign for the areas/common area which you assign them possession on site for, record the date and the duration permitted.
· Inspect works done and sign off the form once works have been completed or as per the permitted duration period, ensuring the area is returned clean, safe and undamaged. Materials found to be wasted or damaged must be recorded and the QS informed of the damage / associated costs.
· Maintain accurate QA and have it visible in the flat. Photograph all works as required to meet with ACL requirements, NHBC building control and your QA system. All QA forms must be up to date and located in the Site Managers office for inspection by all. All QA sheets must be signed and dated.
· Organize site visits to eliminate any issues found at the early stages, this will include all stages of the drylining ,1 st fix ,2 nd fix, ceiling grids, ceiling closures.
· Inspect the skills of the labour / tradesmen, making sure you are satisfied with the workmanship, material used and efficiency of work and sign off on their works at the end of each task and prior to the sub-contractor leaving site.
· Manage and quality control the entire dry lining package, tape &jointing ,plastering, making good and SFS installation including all flats, external walls, sunspaces, balconies, party walls, internal flat walls, risers, AOV shafts, upstands, lift entrance walls, ceilings, boarding out, insulation, CP boarding, mastic, fire brakes , movement joints , wind posts and all related works included in the current design.
· Set-out and carry out dimensional checks at all stages mentioned above against the relevant drawings flagging issues to the design team or sub-contractors as deems appropriate. You will plan and programme your works efficiently and effectively to ensure costs are minimized and programme is met.
· Ensure that tool box talks, task briefs are carried at least once a week and will regularly give tool box talks on issues which you find as unsafe practices to your sub-contractors. Where safety alerts are issued by ACL or relevant authorities, you will advise your sub-contractors and provide the necessary info / tool box talks affected.
· Be familiar with 4 Projects and use 4 Projects to reference the most up to date drawings, to issue drawings to your sub-contractors, to mark-up drawings which issues have arisen for the Design Manager.
· Be prepared for weekly progress meetings with the Project Manager updating the programme accordingly and have a list of issues, actions and solutions for review.
· Photograph all works as required to meet with ACL requirements, NHBC building control and your QA system. All QA forms must be up to date and located in the Site Managers office for inspection by all. All QA sheets
About Ardmore Group
The Ardmore Group is one of the largest family owned construction companies in the UK. Although we have delivered across the UK, we are best known as London’s builder given our unrivalled reputation for delivering large scale residential, hotel and regeneration schemes in London since our creation in 1974.
Ardmore has been involved in hundreds of major projects across London, including landmark buildings that have shaped the face of the capital.
We have established a major reputation for delivery of large-scale phased regeneration schemes. We were the first tier-one contractor at the Athlete’s Village for the London Olympics and are lead contractor on two of London’s largest regeneration programmes in Lewisham and Greenwich.
In addition to our expertise in the residential sector we have extensive experience in delivering bespoke luxury hotel refurbishment schemes. In 2011, we completed the luxurious Corinthia Hotel, and followed that success by delivering two of the best new hotels in the world in 2017 at the Four Seasons, Ten Trinity Square and the Ned at Poultry.
“As part of our recruitment process for all roles including employees, consultants and subcontractors, we collect and process personal data relating to job candidates and potential candidates. We explain how we use personal information in the Candidate privacy notice”.
To view our Candidate privacy notice please visit the Ardmore Group website > Working for us > Candidate privacy notice.
Ardmore are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender, reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy or maternity.
Unsolicited CVS: in relations to speculative CVs received form providers without a prior assignment issued in writing by Ardmore’s Recruitment team, no fee payable by Ardmore will apply.
As with the majority of in-house roles, you should be comfortable dealing with a wide range of people across the business, whilst being comfortable acting autonomously in a commercial, fast-paced environment…… click apply for full job details