The London Clinic
We have an opportunity for an E Grade Nurse to join our Pre-Assessment Unit based at The London Clinic’s main hospital in Central London, W1G (Close to Regents Park & Baker Street tube stations).
Established in 1932, The London Clinic is one of the UK’s largest independently owned non-profit hospital, with state-of-the-art facilities located on Harley Street. We have circa 1200 employees, a total of 8 premises, and we are dedicated to providing the best, personalised healthcare with a breadth of surgical and medical expertise.
Our main hospital spans 8 floors comprising of 234 beds and 10 theatres, including a Hybrid theatre and two minimally invasive and day surgery theatres. The Duchess of Devonshire Wing is our award-winning cancer centre, which includes state-of-the-art radiotherapy, chemotherapy suites and dedicated patient bedrooms
To be responsible for the delivery of the highest standards of care and service to the patients.
This is a full time, permanent position working 37.5 hours per week – mixed shifts throughout the week.
The attractive salary range for this role is £35,309 – £39,559 (inclusive of London Weighting & COLA) and will be dependent upon skills and experience.
We offer our permanent staff a comprehensive package which includes a contribution pension scheme (total annual contribution up to 20%), Private Medical Healthcare, 25 day’s annual leave plus bank holidays, season ticket travel loan, and a wide range of discounts with a variety of retailers and services. We also offer excellent career development; with clear career pathways and access to further education.
Duties & Responsibilities
· Provide professional leadership to junior nursing staff, Health Care Assistants, admin staff and students within the department to promote effective communication and learning
· Undertake the pre-operative assessments and screening using the Clinics pre-admission process
· Take an in-depth history from the patient and evaluate previously known health issues.
· Ensure that the appropriate pre-operative investigations are ordered, and abnormal findings are actioned as required
· Support the Pre-admission Sister and Lead in developing protocols and guidelines
· To Manage and maintain effective communication with Consultants, Lead anaesthetist, laboratory, GP’s, nursing colleagues and clerical staff, and provide advice to other multi-disciplinary clinical teams
· Ensure the legibility and accuracy of nursing records and be aware of the legal implications of these documents.
This job description is intended as a general guide to the post, but it may change in line with the needs of the department or at the request of the line manager.
Skills & Experience
· Post registration experience, surgical or medical at least 2 years working as an E grade band 5-6
· Experience of working in a Pre – assessment
· ECG/ Phlebotomy, accessing portacaths
· Registered nurse
The successful applicant’s offer is subject to relevant DBS, Occupational Health and Reference Checks respectively, alongside standard Right To Work Checks.
We are an organisation that has charitable status and this helps us to drive forward our mission of reinvesting our income to deliver better patient outcomes.
The London Clinic is proud of its diverse workforce and is committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We absolutely welcome applicants from underrepresented groups; if you think you have the skills and experience for the job, please apply – we would love to hear from you regardless of your background…… click apply for full job details