Berkeley Group Plc
Taking a lead role in the management and delivery of employment and skills outcome targets/ initiatives across Berkeley St. Edward , working both internally and within our supply chain .
Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
· Work across Berkeley St Edward’s construction sites to encourage, monitor and record operative and apprenticeship numbers on the project and work to sustained job outcome and apprenticeship targets (including Section 106 obligations).
· Work with local councilsto produce development-specific Employment and Skills Plans (ESP) and provide updates on S106 performance as and when required.
· Work closely with project teams to ensure we are on track to meet ESPs targets and assist with ongoing liaison with the relevant councils.
· Engage and broker relationships with sub-contractors to encourage apprenticeship and vocational training placements within the supply chain, including meeting subcontractors regularly to discuss targets and objectives.
Represent the company at job fairs and other employment and skills events such as Skills London, forums, external panel discussions etc.
· Engage with local partners of relevant communities to promote the benefits of our developments.
· Support wider corporate objectives and the company’s charitable arm in connection with employment and training targets and initiatives.
· Support employers with pastoral care for young people and apprentices on Berkeley Sites.
· Take a lead on the delivery of the BSE Future Insight Work Experience Programme including, onboarding, induction and pastoral support
· Organise and deliver on national external initiatives like CITB’s “Open Doors” week, National Careers Week and British Science Week.
· Provide supporting evidence for CCS audits regarding community engagement, developing workforce and increasing industry awareness.
· Provide input into promotional collateral (i.e.) brochures, booklets, newsletters etc.
· Work closely with BSE designated charities and other local charities to run employability workshops and encouraging and facilitating engagement to create employment opportunities.
· Provide monthly input into MPR’s (Monthly Progress Reports), MWA’s (Monthly Workforce Analysis) and Board Reports – Our Vision performance against BSE and Contractor apprentice and training targets.
· Work with schools, colleges and universities supporting a range of initiatives to promote industry image and support entry routes into the industry
· Work closely with Commercial teams to provide relevant input into the procurement process and ongoing engagement with subcontractors
· Coordination and management of the relevant Berkeley Group ‘Our Vision’ commitments and data reporting.
· Proactive, self-driven, results-oriented with a positive outlook
· Keen to deliver exceptional customer service
· Flexible and reliable
· Credible, and comfortable in dealing with a wide variety of stakeholders
· Reliable, tolerant, and determined
· Team player
· Empathic communicator, able to see things from the other person’s point of view
· Well-presented and business like
Please note our standard working hour s are 8am until 5.00pm Monday to Friday…… click apply for full job details