The Royal Parks
Event Communications Manager (12 month Fixed Term Contract)
Hyde Park, London, W2 (with travel to all parks)
Created in March 2017, The Royal Parks is a charity that supports and manages 5,000 acres of historic and precious parkland across London. Millions of Londoners and tourists visit our beautiful sites, which offer unparalleled opportunities for enjoyment, exploration and healthy living in the heart of the capital, as well as a refuge for nature.
We look after eight of London’s largest open spaces; Hyde Park, The Green, Richmond, Greenwich, St James’s, Bushy and The Regent’s Parks, and Kensington Gardens. We also manage other important open spaces in the capital including Brompton Cemetery, Victoria Tower Gardens, Canning Green and Poet’s Corner.
We are now seeking an Event Communications Manager to join our team on a full-time basis on a 12 month fixed term contract. The expected start date for this role is August 2021.
– Salary of £35,762 – £40,000 per annum, depending on experience
– 26 days’ annual leave pro rata, plus Public Holidays
– Pension scheme (6-10% employer contribution)
– Cycle to work scheme
– Employee Health Cash Plan and Private Health Insurance
This is a fantastic opportunity for a talented PR and communications professional with excellent event experience to join our team and play a key role in promoting our exciting range of events.
Joining us, you’ll have the chance to preserve and enhance the reputation of the Royal Parks and get involved with the communications and marketing of major events including Frieze, Hyde Park Winter Wonderland, Taste of London and BST Hyde Park.
As the Event Communications Manager, you will be tasked with working on communications, PR, media relations and stakeholder engagement for major events that are held at any of the Royal Parks.
You will work closely with the Communications, Brand and Marketing Teams to build awareness of The Royal Parks and our events to support revenue development, our work and our identity.
A key element of your role will be to ensure that visitors are aware of their surroundings in a Royal Park and the unique nature of each event is featured strongly across all messaging.
Primarily, the topics you will be involved with will include:
– Events supporting the Royal Parks, with funds raised going towards conserving and enhancing all eight Royal Parks
– Promoting the benefits of the Royal Parks to London as unique urban green spaces
– Highlighting the importance of events in the parks, with money raised from events going back into the parks
To join us as the Event Communications Manager, you will need:
– Experience of working with the media or in a press office or communications department
– Experience of working at high profile events and in fast-paced environments
– Crisis communications planning skills
– Good working knowledge of the media
– To be highly organised with excellent communication skills and the ability to work under pressure
– Proficient in Microsoft Office packages including Word and Excel
A PR and/or marketing and/or communications qualification would be beneficial to your application. Experience of working with stakeholders would be advantageous, as would experience working with internal and external partners on projects. Marcomms and branding experience would be equally desirable.
Other organisations may call this role Events Manager, PR Manager, Communications Manager, Comms Manager, Marketing & PR Manager, Charity Marketing Manager, Marketing & Events Manager, or Public Relations Manager.
Webrecruit and The Royal Parks are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as an Event Communications Manager, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.