UK Events Sales Manager
Citywire has grown rapidly over the past few years and due to this continued success, we are looking for an ambitious, proactive, and personable Sales Manager to join our international team and assist the growth of Citywire’s UK events revenue.
Citywire runs over 100 events each year – from half day forums and roundtable debates to multi-day retreat style conferences. These take place all over the world and, in the last 2 years, virtually too. Our events bring together asset management companies with the right investor audiences in their key target markets.
A little about us… Citywire helps people make better investments. We publish news, analysis and unique fund manager performance information to help professional investors make the best decisions about where to place their clients’ money. Sustainability is at the heart of what we do. We employ around 300 staff and look for motivated, passionate and dynamic people from all walks of life and backgrounds. Professional development is paramount to us to keep innovated and we encourage training throughout your career. We have offices in London, Brighton, New York, Munich, Milan and Singapore with expansion planned already for Paris and Sydney. We have fully embraced a hybrid model of working.
– You will be working in our UK team assisting the growth of Citywire’s UK events’ revenue through sponsorship sales to asset management companies targeting the UK market (IFA, wealth manager and family office).
-You will be presenting Citywire’s brand and events’ proposition via email, telephone and in face-to-face meetings to existing clients and new commercial partners.
-You will work closely with Citywire’s internal events team and audience development team, attending our events in the UK and maintaining a growing, working knowledge of industry affairs and clients’ needs.
Job specific skills / technical skills
– You will be sales focused, tenacious and thrive on exceeding goals. You will have that “fire in your belly” and proactive approach to the job.
– Relationship building will be second nature to you and you’ll enjoy meeting people and influencing their behaviour.
– Confidence to pitch for new ideas in front of different stakeholders and/or clients at varying levels of authority.
– Superb organisational skills and ability to work under pressure.
– Flexible attitude and able to adapt to changing priorities and business needs.
Who we are
Having a common set of values sets the tone of everything we do and how we do it. These values should feel intuitive and natural – conversely not supporting these values is a serious problem!
Honesty, integrity, fairness and respect are four core values. We can and should disagree with one another, in the interests of getting the right answer. Arguments for truth, not ego. We should always focus on sustainability at every level of the company.
Excelling at your job will contribute to high performance at Citywire. You should have a continuous and constructive spoken dialogue with your manager about your performance, with particular reference to these behaviours: A positive approach; collaborating with colleagues; a make it happen attitude.
We offer a competitive salary and additional company benefits:
– 25 days holiday per annum (rising to 28 days after three years’ service followed by 30 days after five years’ service) plus bank holidays
– Flexible working options
– £480 allowance on any wellbeing activity and/or gym options. We will help with your monthly or annual costs
– We have a personal trainer who runs virtual workout sessions during lunchtime weekly
– Eye-test and glasses allowance
– Medical and Dental private insurance available after probation (3 months)
– Competitive private pension scheme
– Critical illness cover and group life assurance from day 1
– Well-being: access to an independent Employee Assistance Programme available 24/7
– Cycle to work scheme and annual ticket travel card loans
– Techscheme, which lets staff buy the latest tech through their employer. Employees can spread the cost with payments from their salary across 12 months and make a National Insurance saving too
After two years continuous service you will also have access to group income protection.
On top of this…! We have a personal trainer who runs virtual workout sessions during lunchtime weekly.
Please do not miss our Youtube channel where we say a lot about us:
Pre-selected applicants will have to undertake 2 psychometrics tests.
Interviews will take place via Zoom/Teams.
Citywire is an equal opportunities employer