Would you like to finish work each day knowing that you have made a difference?
We are looking for positive, compassionate and caring Female Support Workers to join our team in Witham were we support both Males and Females adults with learning disabilities. We have a range of full time and part time opportunities on a permanent basis.
If you consider yourself to be reliable, enthusiastic and forward thinking we would like you to consider joining us as a support worker in our service in Witham.
You must be able to demonstrate a real commitment to Mencap and the work that we do, alongside the wonderful people we support. We are looking for people with a ‘can-do’ attitude who are strongly motivated, outgoing, caring and have a calm demeanor when needed.
You will need to be willing to take on personal care duties for some of the people we support, also support with medication, updating support plans, daily living tasks, meal preparation and finances.
The people within the service have a busy schedule and love to be out and about and will require support when going out in the community. The adults we support enjoy a variety of hobbies and activities which include, bowling, shopping, visiting the cinema, having day trips to London, visiting music shows and attending discos.
As a support worker, flexibility is key for both yourself and for the service, you may be required to work a variety of different shifts throughout the week, including mornings, afternoons and evenings. The best thing about flexibility It’s a two-way street, while we may require that you work a variety of shifts, we also understand that you’ll have your own commitments and we will try to factor this into our rotas.
The role of a Support Worker can be very emotionally challenging at times so it is essential to have a positive mind-set with a desire to improve the lives of those with a learning disability. You will need to be quick thinking with a positive can do attitude.
If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you!
Due to the nature of this service we are looking for female only applicants. This post is exempt under the Equality Act 2010, Schedule 9, and Part 1.
Enhanced DBS is required for each successful candidate. Paid for by Mencap (T&C’s apply)
Salary: £17004 per annum (37.5hrs) + Excellent Benefits
As well as knowing that what we do is making a positive difference to people’s lives, you will receive fair pay and have access to a wide range of rewards and benefits as one of our employees.
· 28 days holiday (including bank holidays) increasing to 35 days with long service plus the ability to buy up to another 10 days via our HolidayPlus scheme
· Service related sick pay when 6 month probation is completed
· Pension contributions into NEST Scheme on a salary sacrifice basis meaning NI savings
· Death in service life cover for a nominated beneficiary under our life assurance scheme
· Loans for debt consolidation,bikes, computers and phones when you have been with us for 6 months
· Interest free season ticket loans
· Discounts and cashback from 3% to 30% at high street shops including major super markets, cinemas, gyms, leisure/theme parks, holidays and much more via Mencapextras
· Opportunity to purchase a health cash plan to claim towards dental, glasses, therapy etc…… click apply for full job details