Financial Systems Manager
Our client are looking to appoint a fully qualified Accountant as the Head of Financial Systems and Transactional Services.
This high-profile role is key in ensuring that our client has sound financial systems on which to accurately process and record transactions and report financial performance to the business.
They have recently gone live with a new integrated ERP system (Oracle Fusion) for Finance, Procurement and HR. This role provides the opportunity to embed and develop the new system, identifying further business process improvements and building the skills and capabilities of all users, within Finance and across the business. This role will also oversee the implementation of performance management software, to integrate and complement Fusion and derive greater benefits and insight for the organisation. It will also link into the cross-government Fusion community, sharing HMLR’s experience and learning from other government departments on the Fusion journey.
Financial Systems Manager Responsibilities:
– Leading the Systems Team in Finance that provides the intelligent client role in optimising the services delivered by both in-house and externally supported financial and performance management software packages.
– Maintenance and development of the integration with other operational and corporate systems including the HR Fusion modules, Order Management, Variable Direct Debit system and interfaces to an in-house database.
– Maintain a detailed understanding of financial systems, new functionality and industry best practice and use this knowledge to drive value from their systems, liaising with service delivery partners as necessary.
– Undertake end to end reviews of financial business processes and in conjunction with key stakeholders, identify improvements that achieve better service levels and efficiencies.
– Oversee the Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivables functions, including the administration and collection of approximately £1m every working day in respect of Land Register applications.
Financial Systems Manager Requirements:
To be successful in this role you will be a fully qualified accountant who has experience of:
– Managing and developing large computerised financial systems and associated support services that maintain appropriate controls and meet business needs.
– Successfully working with major systems, preferably Oracle Fusion, and Anaplan or other performance management software, to meet management information and planning requirements.
– Managing business change, establishing and promoting new business processes and system improvements.
About Land Registry:
Our client are a government department created in 1862 to register land and property ownership in England and Wales. The Land Register contains more than 25 million titles showing evidence of ownership for more than 86% of the land mass of England and Wales and safeguards land and property ownership worth in excess of £4 trillion, including around £1 trillion of mortgages.
They are committed to becoming the world’s leading land registry for speed, simplicity and an open approach to data.
Location: Croydon, London, CR0 2AQ
Job type: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent, minimum of 30 hours per week
Salary: £56,133 per annum
Benefits: Very competitive terms, conditions and benefits. They provide excellent opportunities for career progression, training and development. You will have access to Civil Service pension and benefits arrangements, generous leave allowances and flexible working – exactly what you would expect from a progressive employer.
You may have experience of the following: Finance Manager, Accountant, Qualified Accountant, Head of Finance, Senior Finance Manager, Financial Systems Manager, Corporate Accountant, Commercial Accountant, CIMA, ACCA, ACA, etc.