Milestone Group provides advanced software solutions to the funds management industry for asset
managers, fund product manufacturers, fund distributors, life and pension companies, and fund
Our pControl solutions deliver front, middle, and back-office capabilities within a single application
architecture. These solutions may be tailored to meet the needs of an individual firms operating model
while utilising standard process flows, calculation rules, input and output data structures. This ensures
that clients receive maximum benefits within the minimum time to ROI.
We are a growing global organisation with offices in London, Sydney, and Boston. Our global client
base currently spans 4 continents, across more than 10 countries.
Your Career with Us
Our company offers a highly entrepreneurial environment, presenting candidates with both an exciting
and rewarding career path. The projects and daily operational activities that we undertake are
challenging and place high demand on experience, creativity, and team work.
Within this role you will gain:
▪ Operational exposure to cloud-based services
▪ Experience in directly supporting a global client base
▪ Practical knowledge of the funds management industry and operations
▪ Data analysis and statistical reporting
About the Role
This is a recently created role within our organisation with many of the key responsibilities having
previously been incorporated into our Global Client Services (GCS) Team. As such, you will work
closely within our GCS Team to develop, document, and implement daily operational procedures for
our globally hosted production client base.
▪ Data Delivery: Actively monitoring for the arrival of data into our client’s hosted environments
and engaging with our hosted clients’ Third-Party Administrators (TPAs) should data not
arrive before an agreed SLA.
▪ TPA Management: Third-Party Administrators (TPAs) stakeholder relationship management
incl. forming a call tree for each TPA.
▪ Daily Process Monitoring: Monitoring daily processing in each hosted environment and
ensure processing is completing in accordance with each client’s SLAs.
▪ Analysis of Error Messages: Proactively analysing and actioning any error messages
generated in each clients’ Production environment on a daily basis.
▪ Monitoring Server Utilisation: Active monitoring of PRTG alerts, i.e. monitoring resource
usage across database and application servers, and proactively investigating these alerts as
they arise for our hosted client base.
▪ Release Deployment: Deploying releases and managing change control across hosted
▪ Data Process Flows: Detailing all data feeds coming into and out of each hosted clients’
environment including expected delivery times and SLAs.
▪ Documentation: Create clear and concise procedural documentation for other team
members to adhere to and follow relating to our hosted environments.
▪ Regular Health Checks: Performing regular health checks on each hosted client’s
▪ Monthly Maintenance: Assist with the preparation and execution of monthly server and
environment maintenance undertaken across all hosted environments.
Essential Skills and Experience
▪ Business Systems Support / Service Desk / System Administrator roles either within or to the
financial services industry
▪ Diploma or bachelor’s degree in I.T. or Finance related fields.
▪ Competent using tools such as SQL and Excel for the retrieval and analysis of data.
▪ Exposure to business systems architecture, system administration, and production support.
▪ Exposure to operating and maintaining servers running operating systems such as Windows
▪ Proven ability in analysing system status information and business data flows; isolating
issues, assessing implications and formulating solutions.
▪ Sound written and verbal communication skills.
Desirable Skills and Experience
▪ Previous experience within financial services such as Fund Accounting / Funds Management
/ Custodial Services / Investment Operations.
▪ Experience with AWS, Citrix, RD Web, and Web-based applications.
▪ Performing database maintenance activities such as reindexing, running statistics, and
performing database backups / restores within SQL Server Management Studio would be
▪ Self-motivated and highly organised; you are ready to take ownership of problems and issues
▪ Ability to liaise comfortably with clients and internal resources across all geographies and at
all levels within the respective organisations.
▪ A quick learner of new systems and business processes.
▪ Analytical and inquisitive by nature.